URGENT Request for HELP!

  • Joseph Schlesinger
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2003
      HELP!

      North Shore Chapter, SPEBSQSA & its Shoreliner Chorus
      is desperately seeking vocal groups to help out in
      connection with the first-ever Evanston Harmony Days
      vocal harmony festival.

      Specifically, what we need is groups who are able &
      willing to visit senior homes, nursing homes, schools,
      & hospitals in Evanston during the week of Oct. 13-17
      to perform a brief set (30 minutes or so?) at various
      locations.

      Earlier in the year, we contacted Evanston
      institutions to find out whether they were interested
      in having vocal groups perform for them & what the
      optimal times of the performances would be. Now we
      find the demand has far exceeded the number of groups
      available.

      Most of the time slots are during the afternoon
      (though there are a couple of evening slots
      available), one day Monday through Friday, & we'd like
      to fill them--we're sure the patients, senior
      citizens, & students at the various institutions would
      be delighted with the music they hear.

      Is anyone available to help? This would be strictly
      voluntary, but it's great exposure, a terrific public
      service, & a huge favor to our little chorus!

      Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to
      discuss preferred time slot(s)--my phone number &
      e-mail addresses are in my signature. Thanx for any
      help you can offer.

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      President, North Shore Chapter, SPEBSQSA
      zinger99 @ juno . com (backup: schlesmail @ yahoo .
      com) (close up spaces)
      member Shoreliner Chorus
      (http://evkhome.northstarnet.org/bflat)