Golosa Auditions - no knowledge of Russian necessary

  • Noel Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2003
      Dear Friends of Golosa, the University of Chicago Russian Choir,

      Would you like to be a part of singing some beautiful songs unlike any
      others sung in Chicago with a talented, dedicated group of singers who
      have performed all over the city and as far away as Siberia? Now is your
      chance! It is once again time for our yearly auditions!

      Auditions will be held this weekend, Saturday, Oct 11 - Sunday, Oct 12 in
      Hyde Park. Most times are available from noon until 5:00. A typical
      audition lasts about 20 minutes.

      We are currently auditioning for all voice parts. No knowledge of Russian
      is necessary to sing in the group, although any knowledge you do have will
      certainly help you. You do not have to be a student to sing in the group,
      nor do you have to be of a certain age. All you need is a good ear, a
      strong voice, and a desire to awaken the sleeping Cossack within you.

      Rehearsals are Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:30, with occasional extra
      rehearsals before a concert. All folk music is performed from memory.

      If you are interested in auditioning, please respond to this email. If you
      are unavailable on both Saturday and Sunday, please let me know when you
      are available, and we will gladly work out a time to hear you.

      I hope to hear from many of you!

      best wishes,

      Noel Taylor, director