SPECIAL EDITION OF The "APPLAUSE" Show with Rich Taylor & TJ Barranger 9/20

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2003
      Hi there netters and BOY am I excited!!!

      This Saturday, September 20th, from 9AM to 4PM The "APPLAUSE" Show with me, Rich Taylor, and T.J.Barranger will be broadcasting a special show as part of the UPPER MONTCLAIR SIDEWALK SALE DAYS, an annual street fair fromt he village where the studios of WVRM are located.  We will be preparing to make the station a 24 hour/day 365 days a year barbershop harmony and a cappella music format... the first commercial station in the United States to make this conversion.
      George Louvis, the Chairman of Regional Broadcasting Services has been a fan of the show since we came to WVRM in  January of 2002.  And if you have listened in along the way, we had very good success with the signal and the streaming until a huge lightning bolt hit the transmitters in May of last year.  Since then, we have been struggling with getting the streaming back to the level that we expect for all of our listeners.  Just last week, with the help of Live 365 Radio, our streaming provider, we believe we have finally solved our problems.  The broadcast stream this week has been great.

      So this Saturday, from 9AM till 4PM, Eastern Time, You will hear some of the great barbershop and a capella music of all times.  In addition to songs from the library of The "APPLAUSE" Show, we will also hear the following special presentations:
                  1. Great Quartets - The Buffalo Bills   For those of you who are Music Man
                      fans, this historical and entertaining 1/2 hour show will bring you all of
                      the background and musical trivia about Meridith Wilson's stars...The
                      Buffalo Bills.

                  2. "Remembering Rob"  - This will be the 3 hour tribute originally broadcast
                      on Thursday September 11th in which we highlighted the career of The
                      Gas House Gang Quartet.  It was The "APPLAUSE" Show's way of saying
                      thank you to one of the great quartets of the modern era... for their love,
                      their example , and their music.  Rob Henry, along with Jim Henry, Rich
                      Knight, and Kipp Buckner have been the "most Requested"  quartet on the
                      show for the 5 1/2 years we have been on the air.  We were proud of our
                      ability to put together this tribute within hours of hearing of Rob's death
                      and we know you will love hearing the music of and the words about the
                      quartet

                  3. Great Quartets- The Mills Brothers  - Another 1/2 hour show produced
                      by Strawhat Productions of Dallas Texas featuring one of the finest
                      quartets of all time ...albeit not a barbershop quartet.  The Mills Brothers
                      music has influenced the barbershop community and many of their tunes
                      have been arranged and sung by barbershop groups.  Hear the history of
                      this entertaining group along with little know songs like "SPEBSQSA"
                      and others

                  4. ARI's monthly CD of happenings in the A Cappella world.  Produced by
                      CASA in conjunction with funding from SPEBSQSA, this monthly show
                      features Debbie Navrilto and features artists from the contemporary
                      acappella groups around the world.

                  5.  Live "In Studio" performances by quartets that are participating in the
                      Sidewalk Sale Days Celebration in Upper Montclair.

      So, if you are in a chorus that rehearses on Thursday nights and can never hear the show (VM guys, take note ), or if you have just put off listening to the show...THIS IS YOUR CHANCE.   Come visit with us theis Saturday... we will have the chat room going, we will have guests in the studio, we will have live "on-street" interviews from the street fair... and we will have wonderful music for you for 7..YES COUNT THEM..
      7 Hours of babershop and a cappella music..

      The website is WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM   Then scroll down to "Listen to our MP3 Stream"  click that on and you will be part of this historic broadcast.  Thanks again for visiting with us and for your continued support.
      Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website
      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...

      Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
      Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"

      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
      for hosting the Nashville Webcast

      for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show

      for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
      Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show