Re: [Chicago-acappella] New member with questions on music......

  • Elliott McCrory
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2001
      As I said to Jim privately, the non-profit organization CASA is specifically
      organized to help and to encourage formation of new groups. Deke Sharon, the
      pres., is a great guy, too. Check out their web page, http://www.casa.org
      Twelve arrangements are free when you join the organization for $30/year.

      The Black Hand wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > I am not from Chicago but from Michigan. I am leading up a newly
      > founded acapella group at Grand Valley State University, After School
      > Special. We are a collegiate nine member male ensemble. We have no
      > funding and are looking to get off on the right foot. I was hoping
      > that groups that have established themselves might be willing to help a
      > begining group out. We would be so very happy for one arrangement from
      > anyone that has that captivating college sound ya know. if we can
      > convince our department that this group could bring alot to our
      > university then we may get funding and come back to those who helped us
      > before. We would be willing to promote any groups or merchandise etc
      > at concerts. Please let me know any groups or people to contact for
      > arrangements for a newly founded college group with lots of amition,
      > charisma, and little money!
      >
      > Thanks,
      > James K. Davis
      > Jimbo: (616)895-8918

    • Night Hawk
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 23, 2001
        We need all the help we can get...we are a nine mamber collegiate classicaly
        tarined male accapella group. We have 5 tenors and 4 baritones nbo reall solid
        bass f is it and a low d if everone else is piano. Let me know what we are
        talking about here....can we work something out. Thanks for getting back to
        us.

        Jimbo