Golosa Concert Wednesday May 14, 7:30

  • Noel Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2003
      Dear friends of Golosa, the University of Chicago Russian Choir,

      This list has been quiet for a while, but now I'm writing to announce that
      we will be performing a concert of Russian choral music in Joseph Bond
      Chapel on the campus of the University of Chicago at 7:30 pm on Wednesday,
      May 14.

      There is no charge for admission, though there will be a suggested
      donation of $5. Our CD "Songs from the Selenga" will also be available.

      This year we are proud to present a selection of liturgical pieces by some
      of Russia's most illustrious composers, followed in the second half of the
      concert by some of our (and your!) favorite Siberian folksongs.

      The University of Chicago is located on Chicago's south side. The best
      approach from the north is via Lake Shore Drive. Exit at 53rd street or
      57th street. The campus is a few blocks west of the lake, bordered by 57th
      and 59th streets on the north and south, and by University and Ellis
      avenues on the east and west.

      For directions to Bond Chapel, please visit:

      http://www.uchicago.edu/docs/maps/mainquad/bond.html

      If you have any questions about the concert or the choir, please email me.

      We hope to see you there!

      Noel Taylor, director