New member with questions on music......

  • The Black Hand
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2001
      Hello all,

      I am not from Chicago but from Michigan. I am leading up a newly
      founded acapella group at Grand Valley State University, After School
      Special. We are a collegiate nine member male ensemble. We have no
      funding and are looking to get off on the right foot. I was hoping
      that groups that have established themselves might be willing to help a
      begining group out. We would be so very happy for one arrangement from
      anyone that has that captivating college sound ya know. if we can
      convince our department that this group could bring alot to our
      university then we may get funding and come back to those who helped us
      before. We would be willing to promote any groups or merchandise etc
      at concerts. Please let me know any groups or people to contact for
      arrangements for a newly founded college group with lots of amition,
      charisma, and little money!

      Thanks,
      James K. Davis
      Jimbo: (616)895-8918
    • contactelmothumm@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2001
        Hello:

        My name is Greg Vaden and I too am from Michigan.  I have been singing a
        cappella music professionally since 1983 and am currently heading up
        elmoTHUMM, a male quintet.  I was a full time musician based out of Chicago
        for 4 years and you might say I know a little about the biz.  elmoTHUMM sings
        mostly contemporary and classic rock tunes with a few of what "they" want to
        hear like "Under the Boardwalk" and "The Lion Sleeps Tonite".  It can be a
        bitter pill but learn these songs quickly and first.  As for arrangements, I
        am always writing and have many songs I would be willing to share.  Let me
        know "your" style and I'm sure we can work something out.  Our group is
        working out the kinks on our first album and it should be available soon.
        You can also look for us at the Harmony Sweepstakes for our 4th appearance
        and at many, many fairs and festivals around the state.

        Good luck:
        Greg Vaden
        elmoTHUMM Bookings & Promotions

        p.s.  I'm interested in producing as well should you need a hand.
      • Elliott McCrory
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 21, 2001
          As I said to Jim privately, the non-profit organization CASA is specifically
          organized to help and to encourage formation of new groups. Deke Sharon, the
          pres., is a great guy, too. Check out their web page, http://www.casa.org
          Twelve arrangements are free when you join the organization for $30/year.

          The Black Hand wrote:

          > Hello all,
          >
          > I am not from Chicago but from Michigan. I am leading up a newly
          > founded acapella group at Grand Valley State University, After School
          > Special. We are a collegiate nine member male ensemble. We have no
          > funding and are looking to get off on the right foot. I was hoping
          > that groups that have established themselves might be willing to help a
          > begining group out. We would be so very happy for one arrangement from
          > anyone that has that captivating college sound ya know. if we can
          > convince our department that this group could bring alot to our
          > university then we may get funding and come back to those who helped us
          > before. We would be willing to promote any groups or merchandise etc
          > at concerts. Please let me know any groups or people to contact for
          > arrangements for a newly founded college group with lots of amition,
          > charisma, and little money!
          >
          > Thanks,
          > James K. Davis
          > Jimbo: (616)895-8918

        • Night Hawk
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2001
            We need all the help we can get...we are a nine mamber collegiate classicaly
            tarined male accapella group. We have 5 tenors and 4 baritones nbo reall solid
            bass f is it and a low d if everone else is piano. Let me know what we are
            talking about here....can we work something out. Thanks for getting back to
            us.

            Jimbo