New Egroup

  • Russ Fletcher
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2000
      I am really excited about the opportunities this new Egroup
      represents. Having this forum to inform fans of a cappella harmony of
      barbershop events here in the Chicago area will give those of us that
      love the style the chance to share our love of this music to a new
      and wider-ranging audience.

      I sing with a 90 man SPEBSQSA chorus in the Chicago area called the
      Great American Chorus. It is directed by Dr. Gregory K. Lyne, one of
      the foremost choral clinicians in North America.

      This group recently completed a ten-day tour in St. Petersburg,
      Russia at the invitation of the Deputy Minister of Cultural Affairs
      for the Russian Federation. The purpose of the trip was to teach the
      Russians the four part a cappella syle of singing we refer to as
      barbershop harmony.

      The Great American Chorus competed in our first International
      competition this past July in Kansas City and placed third out of
      approximately 20 choruses representing North America, New Zealand,
      Great Britain, and Scandinavia.

      Over the next few weeks, the Great American Chorus will be holding
      auditions for singers to join us in representing the Illinois
      District
      (hopefully) in Nashville at the International competition next July
      as well as numerous performances throughout the Midwest.

      For more information you may contact me, Russ Fletcher, during the
      day at (630)572-1545, visit our website: www.greatamericanchorus.org,
      which has rehearsal site info, or e-mail me
      at:rfletcher@....