JohnLinkMusic Newsletter No. 11, Jan. '01

  • johnlink@con2.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2001
      J o h n L i n k M u s i c N e w s l e t t e r
      N o. 1 1, J a n. '0 1

      Welcome to the Third Millennium!

      The JohnLinkMusic Newsletter serves as a source of information about the
      music of John Link. The newsletter includes news about the John Link Vocal
      Quintet, whose first CD, "Live at Saint Peter's", features original
      vocalise arrangements of instrumental jazz and classical compositions by
      Chick Corea, Miles Davis, Claude Debussy, Bill Evans, John Link, Ennio and
      Andrea Morricone, Modeste Mussorgsky, Erik Satie, and Earl Zindars.

      To unsubscribe, send an empty email message to
      JohnLinkMusic-unsubscribe@egroups.com.

      In this issue:

      *** The John Link Vocal Quintet now on MP3.COM!

      *** Performances January 25th at West Side YMCA

      *** Dance performance at the Isadora Duncan Foundation

      *** "Feldenkrais for Musicians" article available

      The John Link Vocal Quintet now on MP3.COM!

      The John Link Vocal Quintet is now on mp3.com! Visit
      www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet/ to listen to or download cuts from the CD
      "Live at Saint Peter's", look at pictures of all five members of the group,
      check out the cover art and the program, read the liner notes by Earl
      Zindars, and buy the CD. Tell your friends!

      Performances January 25th at West Side YMCA

      On Thursday, January 25th, at 7:30 p.m., I'll be one of the featured
      performers for the open mike at The Writer's Voice at the West Side YMCA in
      New York City, playing the original music I composed for guitar for
      excerpts from "Anatomy of a Doll", a one-woman show written and performed
      by Terri Muuss. I'll also be joined by Anne Tormela, soprano, as we perform
      my arrangements for solo voice and guitar of "Gymnopédie No. 1" by Erik
      Satie, and "Prelude No. 4 in E Minor" and "Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2" by
      Frederick Chopin. Admission is FREE.

      The West Side YMCA is located at 5 West 63rd Street in New York City. The
      Writer's Voice is curated by Lynn Gerber. For further information, call
      (718)268-3213.

      Dance performance at the Isadora Duncan Foundation

      On Friday, January 12th, and Friday, January 19th, Lori Belilove & Company
      will perform dances from the repertoire of Isadora Duncan at the Isadora
      Duncan Foundation. The January 12th performance will feature dances to the
      music of Schubert and Chopin, accompanied by pianist Jonathan Irving. The
      January 19th performance will feature dances to the music of Schubert,
      Chopin, and Gluck, with accompaniment by Mosaic, a tio consisting of piano,
      cello, and flute. Among the music played by the trio will be my
      arrangements of several pieces by Gluck.

      The Duncan Foundation is located at 141 West 26th Street in Manhattan
      between 6th and 7th Avenues. Tickets ar $20. For reservations call
      (212)691-5040.

      "The Feldenkrais Method for Musicians" article available

      The September 2000 issue of Allegro, the newletter of Local 802, American
      Federation of Musicians, included an article I wrote entitled "The
      Feldenkrais Method for Singers (and Instrumentalists)". To read the article
      online, go to www.local802afm.org, click on ALLEGRO, go to the bottom of
      the page and click on ALL PUBLICATIONS, click on SEPTEMBER 2000, and then
      click on MUSICIANS' ASSISTANCE PROGRAM. If you would like a copy of the
      article but don't have access to the internet, please send me your
      snail-mail address. For information about the Feldenkrais Method, visit
      www.feldenkrais.com.

      To buy the CD "Live at Saint Peter's" by the John Link Vocal Quintet, go to
      www.earbuzz.com/johnlink/.