Chapter 6 to Perform in Evanston July 23

  • schlesmail
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2002
      As a Northwestern University alum still lurking about in Evanston lo
      these many years, I was pleased to read an announcement in a recent
      Daily Northwestern that 2000 & 2002 Midwest Harmony Sweepstakes
      Champs Chapter 6 will perform for free as part of NU's Norris
      University Center's "Lunch on the Lake" series.

      When: Thursday, July 23 - 12 noon-1 p.m.

      Where: On the lawn in back of Norris University Center, overlooking
      the lagoon; 1999 South Campus Drive, Evanston (for a map, go to NU's
      Web site at www.northwestern.edu).

      How much: Free admission, open to the public.

      I've confirmed the above info with the Norris University Center main
      desk. For details, call them at 847/491-2300.

      (P.S.: Mr. Group Moderator: I enjoy Voice Trek & find them very
      photogenic--but isn't it time you change the picture on the opening
      page to show the current champs???)

      (P.P.S.: Metropolis, past National Harmony Sweeps Champs, placed
      fifth in last weekend's SPEBSQSA (Barbershop Harmony Society)
      International Quartet Contest--find out more at SPEBSQSA's Web site:
      www.spebsqsa.org. It's the first of what we hope will be many medals
      for them. Congratulations to all Sweeps competitors who have
      participated in a barbershop society's competition this year!)

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)
      member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)
      member New Tradition Chorus (http://www.newtradition.org)
      founder Barbershop Harmony Chicagoland (http://www.bbs.singer.as)
      847/328-0921
    • James Pretkelis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2002
        i believe the 23rd is a tuesday...is the concert on tuesday or thursday?

        >>> "schlesmail" <schlesmail@...> 07/12/02 17:07 PM >>>
        As a Northwestern University alum still lurking about in Evanston lo
        these many years, I was pleased to read an announcement in a recent
        Daily Northwestern that 2000 & 2002 Midwest Harmony Sweepstakes
        Champs Chapter 6 will perform for free as part of NU's Norris
        University Center's "Lunch on the Lake" series.

        When: Thursday, July 23 - 12 noon-1 p.m.

        Where: On the lawn in back of Norris University Center, overlooking
        the lagoon; 1999 South Campus Drive, Evanston (for a map, go to NU's
        Web site at www.northwestern.edu).

        How much: Free admission, open to the public.

        I've confirmed the above info with the Norris University Center main
        desk. For details, call them at 847/491-2300.

        (P.S.: Mr. Group Moderator: I enjoy Voice Trek & find them very
        photogenic--but isn't it time you change the picture on the opening
        page to show the current champs???)

        (P.P.S.: Metropolis, past National Harmony Sweeps Champs, placed
        fifth in last weekend's SPEBSQSA (Barbershop Harmony Society)
        International Quartet Contest--find out more at SPEBSQSA's Web site:
        www.spebsqsa.org. It's the first of what we hope will be many medals
        for them. Congratulations to all Sweeps competitors who have
        participated in a barbershop society's competition this year!)

        --Joseph Schlesinger
        zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)
        member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)
        member New Tradition Chorus (http://www.newtradition.org)
        founder Barbershop Harmony Chicagoland (http://www.bbs.singer.as)

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Joseph Schlesinger
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2002
          Er . . . umm . . . I was listening to my Primarily A
          Cappella sampler CD while I typed out my message about
          Chapter 6 performing in Evanston--& when I'm listening
          to good music, I lose track of dates & times. Yeah,
          I'll use that excuse . . .

          Seriously, tho', the date of July 23 is correct--the
          day is TUESDAY, not Thursday (at least not this
          year!).

          Revised info:

          What: Chapter 6 (2000/2002 Midwest Harmony Sweeps
          Champs) performance as part of "Lunch on the Lake"
          series.

          When: 12 noon-1 p.m. TUESDAY, July 23, 2002.

          Where: Norris University Center, Northwestern
          University, 1999 S. Campus Dr., Evanston, IL (on lawn
          behind the center, overlooking the lagoon).

          How much: Free & open to the public.

          For directions & more info, check out NU's Web site at
          www.northwestern.edu or call the Norris Center desk at
          847/491-5500 (then press 9 after the voicemail menu
          begins).

          Sorry for the confusion. Thanx for straightening me
          out, James.

          http://autos.yahoo.com