News from the Vocal Group Hall of Fame!

  • schlesmail
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15 8:07 AM
      I received this message today as part of the "Live Wire" series of
      weekly communiques from SPEBSQSA's international headquarters in
      Kenosha, Wis. While the immediate news centers on barbershop
      harmony, there's info about a noteworthy attraction for fans of all
      styles of vocal music . . .

      BARBERSHOP HALL OF FAME RE-OPENS

      The Barbershop Hall of Fame, part of the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in
      Sharon, Pennsylvania, has re-opened. Admission is free! The BHOF is
      currently open only on the weekends, with plans to increase the hours
      in the future. The organization has had a complete restructuring,
      including the hiring of a new director.

      Sharon is located in the western part of Pennsylvania, about 15
      minutes from Youngstown, Ohio. The museum is located at 32 W. State
      Street in Sharon. Visit their web site at www.vghf.com . This year's
      induction ceremony is planned for the week of September 15-21. A
      list of the 2002 inductees is available on the web site. The 2002
      [SPEBSQSA] champion quartet and chorus chosen in Portland will also
      be inducted.

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)
      member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)