concerts May 17 and 23. CD now available

  • Noel_Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2002
      Dear Friends of Golosa, the University of Chicago Russian Choir

      The end of the academic year is coming soon but there are still a couple
      more chances to hear us. Sorry about the late notice but...

      On this Friday, May 17, at 7:30 pm, we will be performing at the Gorton
      Community Center in Lake Forest, IL. This is a good hour's drive from Hyde
      Park, but perhaps there are some on this list for whom it is closer. The
      concert is offered free of charge. Directions are at the bottom of this
      email.

      On Thursday, May 23, at 7:30 pm, we will return to our home turf with a
      concert at the U of C's Bond Chapel. Come for the music and stay for the
      food! Refreshments will be available after the concert. There will be no
      official admission charge, but there will be a suggested donation of five
      dollars.

      Our NEW CD, "Songs from the Selenga", which contains many of the songs
      we learned from our friends in Siberia as well as many old favorites, will
      be available for purchase at both of these concerts. The cost is $10 each.

      I thank you for your support and hope that we will see you soon!

      best wishes,

      Noel Taylor, director

      ***********************************
      DIRECTIONS TO CONCERT AT THE GORTON
      COMMUNITY CENTER IN LAKE FOREST, IL

      1: From Chicago, take the Dan Ryan (90/94) West until it splits into I-90
      and I-94.

      2: Continue to follow I-94 (Edens) until it becomes the Skokie highway.
      Follow for about another 7 miles.

      3: Take the exit at E. Deerpath Road and turn right.

      4: Go about 1.25 miles until N. McKinley Rd. Turn right.

      5: Follow until E. Illinois Rd. Turn left. It will slowly curve to the
      right and bring you to the Community Center at 400 E. Illinois Rd.

      For information about the Gorton Community Center, please visit:

      http://www.gortoncenter.org/