GOLOSA AT U of C FOLK FEST 3:30 on SUN FEB 3

  • Noel_Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2002
      Dear Friends of Golosa, the University of Chicago Russian Choir,

      We are happy to announce that Golosa will once again be performing at the
      annual University of Chicago Folk Festival.

      We will perform from 3:30 to 4:30 on the afternoon of Sunday, February
      3rd, in the 3rd Floor Theater in Ida Noyes Hall.

      If you come in the morning to hear the other performers, I hope you
      will stick around for us as well. We were able to travel to Siberia in
      Septmeber and spent two weeks there with our folk-singing friends,
      learning our craft and making closer contact with the people who have been
      singing this music since they were children. The time we spent in Russia
      has been of great benefit to us and we're singing better than ever, so
      don't miss your chance to hear us! If you've never heard us before or if
      you haven't heard us in a few months, this is a great opportunity.

      If you would like to know more information about the Folk Festival, please
      visit their website at:

      http://www.uofcfolk.org

      best wishes,

      Noel Taylor, director, Golosa