RUSSIAN CHOIR CONCERT WED, NOV 14, 7:00, BOND CHAPEL - free

  • Noel_Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2001
      Dear friends of Golosa, the University of Chicago Russian Choir,

      First of all thanks again to those of you who supported our trip to
      Siberia last month, which was a great success, and sent us back home with
      a new and deeper appreciation of our music. To those who ordered CDs: we
      are having a recording session in November to record some of the songs
      that we learned and practiced on our tour and will have the CDs ready soon
      afterward!

      In the meantime, please come hear us at our next concert, which will take
      place on Wednesday evening, November 14 at 7:00 pm in Bond Chapel in the
      SW corner of the campus of the University of Chicago.

      For those unfamiliar with the campus: it is bordered by 57th and 59th
      streets on the north and south, and by University Ave. and Ellis Ave. on
      the east and west. Please visit:

      http://www.uchicago.edu/docs/maps/campus.html

      for a map of the campus and surrounding area, and:

      http://www.uchicago.edu/docs/maps/mainquad/bond.html

      for a more detailed map showing the position of Bond Chapel itself.

      The concert will be free of charge and will last approximately one hour.
      We sing many unique Russian folksongs performed by no other group in this
      country, and unfamiliar even to the great majority of Russians. Please
      come hear us sing the music we love! We hope to see you there!

      best wishes,

      Noel Taylor, director