77New Tradition Wins Gold Medal

  • schlesmail@yahoo.com
    Jul 9, 2001
      Thought you'd like to know . . . Chicagoland's own New Tradition
      Chorus (Northbrook Chapter of SPEBSQSA) won the gold medal at
      SPEBSQSA's International Chorus Contest this past weekend in
      Nashville, TN.

      With 138 men onstage, we were the largest chorus in the contest, & we
      finished a good 50 points ahead of the second-place contenders. Our
      contest set consisted of two beautiful arrangements by our director,
      Jay Giallombardo: "There's Something About a Soldier" & "There'll Be
      Bluebirds Over the White Cliffs of Dover."

      This accomplishment is the realization of a dream that began almost
      20 years ago when the New Tradition was formed, &, understandably, we
      couldn't be prouder. During our championship year, we hope to
      perform for many of our friends in the Midwest a cappella community.

      For details about contest scores, play-by-play descriptions of
      convention events, & other info, check out Steve Tremper's Harmonet
      Reporter Web site: http://timc.pop.upenn.edu/harmrepo/homepage.htm.

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      schlesmail@..., zinger99@...
      member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)