562North Wave Chorus Holiday Show--Dec. 10

  • Joseph Schlesinger
    Dec 7, 2005
      It's not too late to get into the holiday spirit by
      planning to come & enjoy the first-ever holiday show
      presented by the North Wave Chorus of Chicagoland
      North (formerly North Shore)
      Chapter, Barbershop Harmony Society.

      Titled "This Is Christmas 2005 . . . and Home for ALL
      the Holidays!," this presentation will take place at 3
      p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10, at Edgewater Presbyterian
      Church, 1020 W. Bryn Mawr Ave. (at N. Kenmore Ave.),
      Chicago, IL--5600N between Lake Shore Dr. & Sheridan
      Rd.. The show emphasizes variety: in addition to the
      North Wave Chorus, performers will include the
      Evanston Township High School student handbell choir,
      the Edgewater Presbyterian Church choir, instrumental
      soloists from within & outside the North Wave Chorus,
      & a magician . . . Santa himself may even make a cameo
      appearance! The grand finale will be a special,
      newly-commissioned arrangement of "Adeste Fideles" for
      six vocal parts, handbells, & various instrumental
      accompanists, by local church organist, composer,
      pianist, & semi-pro singer Jim Carson.

      As you can see, this is entertainment for all ages, so
      bring the kids & the grandparents, too. Tickets are
      just $15 for general admission, $12 for senior
      citizens (children accompanied by an adult will be
      admitted free of charge). You can purchase tickets
      from me (my contact info is in my sig below) or order
      them online via our Web site
      (www.northwavechorus.com), where there is also a flyer
      that provides all the pertinent info. I suggest you
      don't wait till the last minute.

      And if you're curious about what goes on at our weekly
      meetings/rehearsals, come on by any Wednesday night
      (except Dec. 7, when we'll be rehearsing at our show
      venue) & prepare to be delighted! We meet 7:30-10:00
      at Elliott Hall, Presbyterian Home, 3131 Simpson St.
      (Golf Rd.), Evanston, IL. Any questions?? If so, go
      ahead & ask me.

      Happy holidays & a prosperous & HARMONIOUS new year to
      you & yours!

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      zinger99 @ juno . com (backup: schlesmail @ yahoo .
      com)