Fwd: [CHIscooterList ] Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

  • SaRsbretta
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2012
      This idea was born of the Sidney Cafe Racer Society, I believe:
      http://gentlemansride.com/

      Since no one else had organized a Chicago ride as far as I'm aware, I
      put one together:

      https://www.facebook.com/events/362745400470790/

      30th September, 2012 - A day where Cafe racers, bobbers, flat
      trackers, classics, retro's, and scooters across the globe unite. We
      ride the world for no reason in suits being distinguished.

      http://gentlemansride.com/

      Meet at Twisted Spoke (Ogden/Grand) at 10:30am for eats.

      ***Ride at noon.***

      We will distinguish ourselves at the Museum Campus and turn the
      Magnificent Mile into the Distinguished Mile. We will demonstrate how
      distinguished we are to the North Shore. And we will finalize our
      distinguishment in the way all distinguished ladies and gentlemen do -
      over tiki drinks at Hala Kahiki ( http://www.hala-kahiki.com/ ) later
      that afternoon.

      Mission

      To bring together the world for one day of immature stupidity & fun on
      two wheels while wearing a suit. 30th September, 2012.

      Description

      The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride is an event for Cafe Racer, Bobber,
      Flat Tracker, Retro, Classic, Quirky Motorcycles, Scooters, and their
      owners. It is a worldwide event taking place on the same day in each
      respective time zone. It is a day where no matter what your
      work/social/life status may be everyone is equally distinguished. It
      therefore means we approve the right to wear monocles, attach brief
      cases to your bike, side saddle your bike as your chauffeur steers for
      you, wear a bow tie, shave your beard into a mustache, smoke an old
      school pipe while riding, attach a cup holder for your high tea, drink
      JW Blue (while stopped and in consideration) use your satellite phone
      to call in your private chopper and above most ride your bike with one
      escort on the handle bars & one sitting on your lap.

      The link that brings the world together on this day are these two
      words 'Distinguished' & 'Suit'.

      To take part you need to be in a suit. Or ladies, be dressed
      appropriately to escort the distinguished gentleman. Be as creative as
      you want or as bland as you want. The most important thing is to make
      yourself laugh, make others laugh and you have a blast along the way.

      http://www.facebook.com/Gentlemansride