Another Chicago StellaSpeed Ride

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2007
      The last ride a few weeks back went well. Rode from Kuma's to
      Chinatown through Downtown, then to the Twisted Spoke. There were
      about 10 bikes. Some photos from one of the attendees
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/62286488@N00/

      So there's another ride planned for this Sunday, August 12. The plan
      is to Meet at Kuma's Corner again ( 2900 Belmont) around 3:00 pm and
      leave by 3:30 sharp.

      Here's the route:
      Meet at Kuma's Corner
      Go north on Western
      Take a right on Howard (east)
      Take a left on Ridge (North)
      Ridge turns into Sheridan Rd and we will take that all the way to
      Highland Park.
      Once in Highland Park, we can stop a a good Mexican place called Las
      Palmas (474 Central Ave) and grab some food/margaritias.

      Some general rules:

      If the group gets seperated, we will pull over and wait for the rest
      of the group. NO RUNNING RED LIGHTS.

      Let's eat as a group in HP, so no food at Kuma's. (last time we spent
      over an hour from the posted meet time waiting for people to show up
      and then eat)

      Gas up before you get to Kuma's.

      Please wear proper gear. Helmets are encouraged but not required.
      So is armor, for the ultra-safe. Please wear proper shoes - no filp-
      flops.

      We'll try to ride in staggered lane formation.

      Again, everyone is welcome to come. There are no make or model
      restrictions. There will be a few faster sections on this route, but
      it won't be an all out sprint, so everyone should be able to keep up
      or catch up. We will wait for everyone.

      Ben