Chi Rho Connection, Vol. II, No 32

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2001

      The Chi Rho Press eNewsletter
      Vol. II, No. 32

      1. MCC in Cuba!
      2. The Last Step to Recovery from Bible Abuse
      3. We Recommend: http://www.geocities.com/inscentz
      4. An Opportunity to be a Part of this Ministry
      5. Adam's Last Word:

      electronic newsletter of Chi Rho Press. Thank you for
      passing this Chi Rho Connection on to others.

      To unsubscribe send an e-mail to

      to see our entire lines of books, handouts, tchochkas,
      and stained glass.

      Direct all other e-mail to Adam@.... See
      the end of this eNewsletter for a complete list of
      e-mail addresses at ChiRhoPress.com.

      1. MCC in Cuba!

      Osbaldo Acevedo is a deacon at ICM (Metropolitan Community
      Church) Paz & Alegria in Nicaragua. He is currently
      studying music in Cuba. Under of the auspices of the MCC
      in Nicaragua, Osbaldo began to organize an MCC ministry
      to gays and lesbians and announced that an MCC service
      would be held in Cuba.

      Approximately 30 men and women recently attended the first
      service. Osbaldo, with the support of the church in
      Nicaragua, hopes this gathering will become ICM/MCC Cuba
      the first Metropolitan Community Church in Cuba.

      Following the first worship service, Osbaldo wrote, �Our
      brothers and sisters of Cuba are a community of brave
      individuals with a strong spirit, ready to go against the
      wind. As in the rest of the world, they live with their
      contradictions in the midst of the battle for survival.
      With their deeply religious roots, they are a people
      thirsty for the true message of Divine Love.�

      Messages conveying your encouragement, love, and prayers
      to Osbaldo and the new group of MCC worshippers in Cuba
      may be sent by e-mail to ojam72@....

      2. The Last Step to Recovery from Bible Abuse

      (From Chapter 18 of 'Steps to Recovery from Bible
      Abuse,' by Dr. Rembert Truluck, page 411.)

      The Last Step: Give Yourself Time to Heal and Recover

      �Love is patient and love is kind.� (1 Corinthians 13:4)

      Love yourself. Learn to be patient with yourself and
      others. Growth takes time. Give yourself and others the
      time and space needed for growth, healing, and recovery.

      �Speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all
      things unto Christ� (Ephesians 4:15).

      �For freedom Christ set us free: therefore keep standing
      firm and do not be controlled again by a religious yoke
      of slavery. . . . The whole law is fulfilled in one word:
      You shall love your neighbor as yourself. But if you bite
      and devour one another, take care lest you be consumed by
      one another.� (Galatians 5:1, 14-15)

      The steps to recovery from abusive and oppressive religion
      are just a beginning. You can follow through in your own
      spiritual growth into self-esteem and effective spiritual
      living and sharing by finding or starting a spiritual
      support group. Be creative. Let God guide you into what
      works for you.

      *****

      The Last Step continues with Bible studies on Growing Up
      in Christ, Growing Up in the Celebration of Life, Growing
      Up in Love, and Growing Up in Self-Control.

      You may buy 'Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse' on the
      Chi Rho Press Web site, http://www.ChiRhoPress.com, using
      your credit card on our secure shopping cart.

      3. We Recommend: http://www.geocities.com/inscentz

      Take a look at the candles and hand-painted pots at Patrick
      and Patrick�s new Web site, http://www.geocities.com/inscentz.
      Patrick is Adam DeBaugh�s informally adopted son and his
      partner (also Patrick) are starting a new business. They
      use the Yahoo auction site for purchases, but you can also
      reach the Patricks at inscentz@.... Patrick and
      Patrick live in Newton, NC and run their fledgling business
      from there. Order the Pride Candle set, Adam did! Good luck
      to the Patricks in their business venture.

      4. An Opportunity to Participate in this Ministry

      Would you like to make a difference? Books are important
      resources in the struggle for acceptance and liberation
      for the LGBT community. For 12 years, Chi Rho Press has
      been in the forefront of the LGBT Christian community,
      publishing books no one else would publish, giving voice
      to some of the best LGBT Christian writers around.

      You can be a part of this ministry. We need your financial
      assistance. Please prayerfully consider becoming a Guardian
      Angel of Chi Rho Press by donating a minimum of $150 to
      this ministry. Your donation is completely tax deductible.

      And you can become a Guardian Angel on-line! You
      may make contributions to the ministry of Chi Rho Press
      on our Web site, http://www.ChiRhoPress.com. Don't
      forget, contributions to the ministry of Chi Rho Press are
      fully tax deductible.

      To put tax deductible contributions on your credit card,
      using our secure shopping cart on our Web page, go to
      http://www.chirhopress.com/frame_sponsor.html.

      Highlight the numeral 1 in the box and type in the amount
      you want to contribute (for instance, $150 to become a
      Guardian Angel). Click the Add to Cart link to the right
      of the amount box and the Shopping Cart will come up
      and you can either continue shopping or click on Check Out
      Now, which will take you through the check out process,
      asking you for your credit card number, etc. Be sure to
      give us your mailing address as well as e-mail address so
      we can send you your welcome gifts.

      If you have specific questions about the Guardian Angel
      Program, you may e-mail us at Angels@...,
      or telephone us at 301/926-1208.

      5. Adam's Last Word:

      Merry Christmas!

      The Board of Directors and Staff of Chi Rho Press wish
      all our readers and supporters the most blessed Christmas.

      We thank you for your support and involvement in this
      ministry.

      If you've received the Chi Rho Connection as a result of the
      good offices of someone passing it along to you (which
      we certainly encourage) and would like to receive it
      directly from us, please follow the directions at the
      end of this Connection to subscribe.

      To order, please visit http://www.ChiRhoPress.com. You
      may pay by credit card on our web page or we will ship
      order. Include your e-mail address, mailing address,
      and telephone number please.

      If you have questions, please write to
      Question@....

      For comments and suggestions
      about this eNewsletter, please write
      Connection@....

      To learn about our Guardian
      Angel Individual Sponsor Program, please write
      Angels@....

      For all other correspondence,
      please write Adam@....

      friends can order using credit cards on our Web page or
      through our Canadian distributor, MAP Enterprises, Mary
      Ann Pearson, at her new Web page,
      http://www.christiangays.com.

      Kevin Stone Fries, Editor/Office Manager,
      Kevin@....