Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of Nov. 18, 2001

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2001
      is a meditation from 'The Road to Emmaus,' a book of
      of faith. This meditation was written by Joseph W. Houle.

      Matthew 18:1-9

      �. . . your hand . . .�

      Thank you, God, for the gift of my hands. Thank you for
      empowering me through them to receive the gifts of life,
      to heal others with a gentle touch, to praise you by
      raising them in openness and trust.

      Forgive me for the times I have used my hands to grasp and
      cling to power, possessions, and prestige, to touch others
      possessively, lustfully, or violently, or to take what
      belongs to another. Today I cut off these uses of my
      hands and throw them away.

      � . . . your foot . . .�

      Thank you, God, for the gift of my feet. Thank you for
      the pleasure they give me in running, swimming, and
      playing, in walking about on our planet, and in standing
      tall and proud in your sunlight.

      Forgive me for the times I have used my feet to enter
      places that do not glorify you, to kick or trip up others
      on their life journeys, or to intrude into another�s space.
      Today I cut off these uses of my feet and throw them away.

      �. . . your eye . . .�

      Thank you, God, for the gift of my eyes. Thank you for the
      way they enable me to enjoy the colors, shapes, and textures
      of your creation, to read and learn from the insights of
      others, and to communicate without words my inner life.

      Forgive me for the times I have used my eyes to look at
      others in a depreciative way, to convey a dishonest message,
      or to violate another�s privacy by looking at his or her
      words, experiences, or possessions uninvited. Today I
      pluck out these uses of my eyes and throw them away.

      Thank you, God, for all the parts of my body. Teach me
      the right use of each part and help me to eliminate those
      abuses and misuses that separate me from the fullness of
      life. Amen.

      Grace and peace,

      R. Adam DeBaugh and Kevin Stone Fries

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Website. You can order using our
      convenient shopping cart and pay on line using your credit
      card! http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      order for $12.45 to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864,