Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 23, 2014

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2014
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 23, 2014

      **********

      The 2014 Liturgical Calendar and Lectionary is available for immediate shipment.  Order yours today at http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevLiturgicalCal_13_14.html

      Please check out two new things on our Web site:  Our new line of note cards, http://www.chirhopress.com/products/Fontaine_cards_pick_list.html and our newest book, "A
      More Excellent Way," by EXCEL Retreat Ministries, at http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevAMoreExcellent%20Way.htm .

      **********

      As one of the on-going ministries of Chi Rho Press, here is a selection from our book of daily devotions, "Living as the Beloved: One Day at a Time," by the Rev. Dr. Sandra Bochonok.

      Please read the Scripture passage and Dr. Bochonok's meditation.  We hope you will be blessed.  Thank you for forwarding this to your friends.

      Spiritual geography

      "Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God."
      Psalm 84:3

      Kathleen Norris writes about "spiritual geography" in her wonderful book Dakota.  She writes about places where our spirits and souls feel at home.  There is a sense of belonging where we can be real and authentic.  Our spirits feel big and at one with our surroundings.  Some may call it sanctuary.  Whatever we do call it, we need safe places to be for our sense of wellness and to enjoy some unhurried time for personal reflection.

      We need beautiful, quiet areas of sanctuary in our homes and workplaces.  They provide places of tranquility and peace.  Consider creating a corner in your home for personal reflection and quiet time.

      A comfortable chair, a prayer bench or prayer rug, a rock, a vase with a flower can enhance our spirituality and sense of wholeness.  There is a saying that "spirituality is participation."  We can participate in our spiritual awareness and inner wholeness by intentionally seeking, making, and finding quiet places to breathe, rest, relax, retreat, and revitalize.

      God, help us find and create places of spiritual geography in our homes, offices, and lives where we can be real and authentic.  Amen.

      Please visit the Chi Rho Press Web site.  You can order using our convenient secure shopping cart and pay on line using your credit card! http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      "Living as the Beloved" is available for $20.95 each, plus shipping and handling.  Six or more copies are $15.75 each, plus shipping and handling.  You can find http://tinyurl.com/Living-as-Beloved.

      United States customers, please remember when ordering on the Web site secure server to select "US Postal Service Parcel Post" rather than the default setting of "UPS Ground."  It is much less expensive!