Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of December 1, 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2013
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of December 1, 2013

      **********
      Please check out two new things on our Web site:  Our new line of note cards, http://www.chirhopress.com/products/Fontaine_cards_pick_list.html and our newest book, "A More Excellent Way," by EXCEL Retreat Ministries, at http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevAMoreExcellent%20Way.htm .

      meditation.  We hope you will be blessed.  Thank you
      for forwarding this to your friends.

      Walk in integrity

      "Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever follows perverse ways will be found out."
      Proverbs 10:9

      Godly integrity cannot be bought, bartered, or bribed.  Gay or straight, integrity is a virtue of excellence worth pursuing.  Our reputations depend on it.

      I found myself musing about integrity while reading a newspaper article about a crisis in Zimbabwe.  The country was in great turmoil.  Millions faced starvation due to a deadly combination of drought, famine, economic mismanagement, and a corrupt government in power.  Their president, Robert Mugabe, was forcing the white farmers to give up their homes and lands without compensation to Zimbabwean war veterans.  The news article described how several countries publicly supported the original idea, until the international community realized choice farmland was being distributed primarily to Mugabe's favored political allies.  The global community immediately withdrew their support of his land redistribution plan when they realized the President's motives were tainted with self-interest and greed.  In the meantime, Zimbabwe languished, as a result of their controversial leader's lack of integrity.

      God expects us to live with integrity.  Personal integrity should be our signature in a world full of dishonesty, deceit, and hidden agendas for profit and gain at the expense of innocent victims.

      Today's proverb is refreshing.  We are reminded that people of integrity will walk securely with God, but the ones who take crooked paths will always be found out.  Sooner or later, truth will prevail over falsehood.  Honesty will win over dishonesty.  God cannot be fooled.

      So ask God for help when tempted to negotiate and concede principles and morals.  Do your best and trust God for the rest.  When in error, ask for both human and divine forgiveness.  Be willing to make restitution for past compromises.  If you have previously betrayed the trust of others, be patient with those who no longer trust you.  It will take time to regain their trust.

      Now walk securely.  Let God guide your path one step at a time.  Make every day a fresh start and you will be transformed.

      Show me, God, where I have compromised my integrity at the expense of others.  Forgive me where I have failed to live with honesty and sincerity.  Help me live a better life.  Amen.

      Please visit the Chi Rho Press Web site.  You can order

      plus shipping and handling.  Six or more copies are
      $15.75 each, plus shipping and handling.  You can find

      of "UPS Ground."  It is much less expensive!