Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of November 3, 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2013
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of November 3, 2013

      **********
      Please check out two new things on our Web site:  Our new line of note cards, http://www.chirhopress.com/products/Fontaine_cards_pick_list.html and our newest book, "A More Excellent Way," by EXCEL Retreat Ministries, at http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevAMoreExcellent%20Way.htm .

      meditation.  We hope you will be blessed.  Thank you
      for forwarding this to your friends.

      God-Power

      "For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name.  I pray that, according to the riches of God's glory, God may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through the Spirit, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love.  I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.  Now to Christ who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to God be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever.  Amen."
      Ephesians 3:14-21

      The Bible has hundreds of great prayers.  This is one of my favorites.  The Letter to the Ephesians is wonderful to read.  It was a letter written during the first century to the church in Ephesus (now in Turkey) by the apostle Paul.  If you are interested in learning about your spiritual blessings in Christ, and experiencing more great prayers and empowering spiritual insights about faith, life, unity, new life in Christ, relationships, and experiencing "the whole armor of God," this Epistle is worth reading again and again.  Ephesians introduces us to what can be abundant spiritual wealth that is available through prayer.

      Today's prayer blesses us with what I call God-Power.  God-Power begins with being rooted and grounded in love.  God-Power is experienced through praying with a loving, intimate, and tender name for God.  God-Power invites the Holy Spirit to strengthen our inner being, with Christ dwelling in our hearts through faith.  We are called to pray greatly in order to live greatly.  We are invited to comprehend the marvelous love of Christ in our lives.  God wants us filled with divine fullness.  God delights in powerfully working within us to accomplish great things through us.

      Too often our prayers are puny and limited in understanding, but this scriptural prayer challenges us to pray to God for great things that are beyond our human imagining.  Each one of us can experience spiritual greatness, and this prayer could be the first step.

      Pray with God-Power!

      We too, bow our knees before you, Holy One, in worship and awe.  Help us comprehend your great love for us through Christ.  Bless us with the power and fullness of the Holy Spirit.  Teach us to pray.  Amen.

      Please visit the Chi Rho Press Web site.  You can order

      plus shipping and handling.  Six or more copies are
      $15.75 each, plus shipping and handling.  You can find

      of "UPS Ground."  It is much less expensive!