Chi Rho Connection, 14 August 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2013

      The Very Periodic eNewsletter of Chi Rho Press,
      Your LGBTQQA Christian Publishing House
      Vol. XIII, No. 1

      1. New Book!
      2. New Line of Note Cards!
      3. LGBTQQA – Huh?
      4. Chi Rho Press Founder Honoured

      Please visit our Web site at
      http://www.chirhopress.com to see our entire
      lines of books, handouts, videos,

      1. New Book!

      "A More Excellent Way" 1 Corinthians 12:31, a
      Book of Daily Devotions by EXCEL Retreat Ministries.

      EXCEL Retreat Ministries offers a book of
      devotions for every day of the year. This volume
      is organized by the nine themes of the first
      EXCEL weekend and the tripod of themes of the
      EXCEL in Faithfulness follow-up weekend. Ideal,
      Grace, Commitment, Prayer, Study, Action,
      Ministries, Security, and You are the themes of
      the talks in the basic EXCEL weekend retreat.
      Faithfulness to Self, Faithfulness to Others,
      and Faithfulness to God are the tripod of
      talks that anchor the EXCEL in Faithfulness
      follow-up weekend.

      The book is paperback, and $19.95 each, six or
      more copies for $14.95 each, plus shipping and
      handling.

      "A More Excellent Way" is the brainchild and
      ministry of Mr. Jerry Reitz, past board chair of
      EXCEL Retreat Ministries, Inc. He has been
      assisted by many, many writers from many EXCEL
      teams and alumni of many EXCEL weekends.

      The teams that worked on this book include the
      EXCEL of the Armadillo Team, Houston, Texas; the
      EXCEL in Europe Team, London, England; the EXCEL
      in the Redwoods Team, San Francisco Bay Area,
      California; the EXCEL of the Living Waters Team,
      San Diego, California; the EXCEL of the Rainbow
      Zebra Team, Atlanta, Georgia and Birmingham,
      Alabama; the EXCEL of the Rockies Team, Colorado
      Springs, Colorado; the EXCEL of the Way Team,
      Seattle, Washington; the EXCEL in Faithfulness
      Abunchovum Team, Houston, Texas; the EXCEL in
      Faithfulness Bay Area Team, the San Francisco Bay
      area; and the EXCEL in Rainbow Eagle Team,
      Birmingham, Alabama. Many other people assisted
      in writing as well.

      The work of talented photographer, Mr. Billy
      Stevens, adorns the cover of this book of daily
      devotions, as well as the title page for each month.

      EXCEL is a spiritual renewal Christian
      educational program intended to strengthen the
      local church through the development of Christian
      saints and lay leaders.

      Please order your copy of "A More Excellent Way"
      today at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevAMoreExcellent%20Way.htm#About_This_Book

      2. New Line of Note Cards!

      Chi Rho Press is pleased to introduce a new line
      of note cards featuring talented photographer Laura
      S. Fontaine.

      Laura is a registered nurse who has worked in
      cancer genetic research for nearly 20 years, a
      fascinating and frustrating job that she loves.
      Photography offers a creative outlet for her;
      she is seldom without her camera. She
      especially loves photographing the wonders and
      beauty of the natural world: capturing small
      snapshots of peace amidst the busyness and
      stresses of everyday life. Laura lives in
      Maryland with her husband and two daughters and
      is a strong ally of the LGBTQQ community.

      These 17 cards measure 4 ¼" by 5 ½" and come with
      envelopes. They can be purchased individually or
      in boxed sets of five cards and envelopes in a
      box. Boxed sets are of all the same card.
      Individual cards and envelopes are $1.95 each.
      The boxed sets of five cards and envelopes are
      $7.95 each. SHIPPING IS FREE when ordering from
      our Web site.

      Laura has created a selection of 17 beautiful
      full color nature scenes. The note cards are
      blank inside so you may add your own personalized
      greeting and thus can be used for any occasion.
      We like to say our new note cards are multi-lingual.
      They are in whatever language you write in them!

      Individual Cards are $1.95 each. 5-Card Boxes
      are $7.95 each. SHIPPING IS FREE! (Please note
      that all shipping of cards will be by the United
      States Postal Service and alternate shipping
      methods shown at checkout do not apply.)

      3. LGBTQQA – Huh?

      Yes, we have begun to expand the definition of
      our ministry by using the increasingly cumbersome
      initials LGBTQQA. That stands for Lesbian, Gay,
      Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, and
      Allied people.

      Some of us like just Queer to refer to all of us
      who are sexual or gender minorities, but many old
      timers (myself included) have residual negative
      feelings about "Queer" from being called that as
      a child who was different. There is a grand
      history of negative hate words being converted
      into pride words by the oppressed group. "Yankee"
      was a derisive term used by the English for their
      American colonists, who then seized the word as a
      label of pride for themselves. "Quaker" was a
      mocking word for members of the Society of Friends,
      and now the Friends are known better as Quakers than
      as Friends. Perhaps someday the word "Queer" will
      have that more widespread use.

      But for now, we think it best to refer to Chi Rho
      Press as an LGBTQQA Christian Publishing House to
      further emphasize the great diversity of our
      community and our outreach and customer base.
      People from all seven categories contributed to
      our newest book, "A More Excellent Way," and the
      very talented photographer who created our new line
      of Note Cards, is a strong Ally of our community.

      I know it's a bit cumbersome, but LGBTQQA are who
      we are!

      4. Chi Rho Press Founder Honoured

      Chi Rho Press' founder and director, R. Adam
      DeBaugh, has been acknowledged as one of the most
      inspiring LGBT Christian leaders by Huffington
      Post. Find him at number 61 at
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/20/lgbt-religious-leaders-most-inspiring_n_1022043.html

      I hope you have been enjoying the weekly Chi Rho
      Reflection, sent each Sunday. It has been a long
      time since we have published the Chi Rho Connection,
      our VERY periodic electronic newsletter. There have
      been some significant changes for the Press and I
      hope that we will be able to send the Connection
      more regularly, at least once a month, perhaps twice!

      If you subscribe to the Reflection/Connection at
      ChiRhoPress-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      You will only receive the weekly Reflections and
      the periodic Connection. We do not sell or share
      our list of subscribers to anyone, ever, and no
      one else can post to the Chi Rho Press list-serve.

      Please encourage members of your church or
      organization and your friends to subscribe to Chi
      Rho Press. Please pass along the link,
      ChiRhoPress-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

      Thank you!

      ******

      If you live in Maryland (or even DC or northern
      Virginia), join us for the Upper Montgomery and
      Frederick (UMaF) PFLAG Support Group, the second
      Sunday each month from 4 to 6 pm, at Open Door
      MCC, 15817 Barnesville Road, Boyds, MD 20841 (for
      directions, go to www.opendoormcc.com).

      UMaF PFLAG is part of a national organization,
      Parents, Family, and Friends of LGBTQ People.

      Ample parking at the church and all are welcome.
      Come join our One Big, Happier Family. For more
      info write Adam@... or call Adam
      DeBaugh at 301/926-1205.

      If you are on Facebook, please like UMaF PFLAG's
      page at
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Upper-Montgomery-and-Frederick-UMaF-Pflag/215219148521805

      And join us on the second Sunday of each month at 4 pm.

      *****

      Can you help Chi Rho Press? Let all your friends
      know about us and encourage them to visit
      www.ChiRhoPress.com and buy a book or other product!

      And please see our Facebook page at
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Chi-Rho-Press/268449984615 and like our page.

      Thanks and grace and peace to you all.

      *****

      Please encourage members of your church to participate
      in the special fund raising offer from Chi Rho Press.
      We will make a donation of 10% of all sales from
      people who mention your congregation in the "Special
      Instructions and Comments" box on the check out page.

      Please let your people know as soon as possible about
      this opportunity to help both our ministries.

      *****

      Shipping and Handling Tip: This tip will be
      especially important if you are ordering one or
      two Liturgical Calendars!

      When you are ordering from the Chi Rho Press Web
      site, be sure to tell us your preferred shipping
      method. The way the shopping cart is set up, the
      shipping method defaults to United Parcel Service.

      This is NOT the most economical way to ship for
      orders under seven pounds. If you want the most
      inexpensive shipping (within the United States)
      it is usually best to pick USPS (United States
      Postal Service Domestic Parcel Post) for packages
      weighing under seven pounds. UPS (United Parcel
      Service) Ground is more economical for packages
      heavier than seven pounds. The shopping cart will
      tell you how much your order weighs in the box right
      next to your order amount and price. There is a link
      there to change your shipping method as well.

      When I order one copy of the Liturgical Calendar and
      allow the default UPS Ground shipping method, the
      shipping cost is almost as much as the book, $10.11!
      But if I change the shipping method to USPS Parcel
      Post shipping is only $6.28, and it is $6.46 for USPS
      Priority Mail.

      Be smart shoppers and choose your shipping options
      carefully to avoid paying too much!

      *****

      Gracia y paz,

      Brother R. Adam DeBaugh, OSL
      Director, Adam@....

      pay by credit card on our Web page or we will ship

      Copyright 2013, Chi Rho Press.