Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 23, 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2013
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 23, 2013

      **********

      Please check out two new things on our Web
      site: Our new line of note cards,
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/Fontaine_cards_pick_list.html
      and our newest book, A More Excellent Way, by
      EXCEL Retreat Ministries, at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevAMoreExcellent%20Way.htm.

      Even a cup of cold water

      Jesus taught, "Whoever welcomes you welcomes me,
      and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent
      me. Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a
      prophet will receive a prophet’s reward; and
      whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name
      of a righteous person will receive the reward of
      the righteous; and whoever gives even a cup of
      cold water to one of these little ones in the
      name of a disciple­truly I tell you, none of these
      will lose their reward."
      Matthew 10:40-42

      One of my dearest friends never married. She
      loves little children. Neighborhood children
      adore her. Their parents trust her completely.
      Children call her the "Popsicle Lady." Her
      freezer is full of them. All the children know
      a simple knock on her door anytime of the day
      or evening will get them a smile and tasty, cool
      treat. They are always welcome and treated as
      valued, precious, special friends. My friend
      never complains as she cleans their sticky
      fingerprints off her furniture. She reminds me
      of Jesus, even though she usually gives the
      children frozen popsicles instead of cups of
      cold water.

      Someday I imagine her getting a wonderful,
      heavenly reward for her special kindness to
      children. There are none too dirty or
      sticky. She delights in holding the little
      ones. Truly, her reward will be great.

      God, teach us how to be kind and welcoming to
      people. Amen.