Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 20, 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2012
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 20, 2012

      Daily perspective

      Jesus taught, "But strive first for the kingdom of
      God and God's righteousness, and all these things
      will be given to you as well. So do not worry about
      tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own.
      Today's trouble is enough for today."
      Matthew 6:33-34

      My beloved Grandmother would often sing, "One day at
      a time, dear Lord, one day at a time." Today's
      scripture was one of her favorite Bible verses.
      Stay with today. Live in the moment and serve God
      one day at a time. Do the best you can with what
      you have and trust God to provide for your needs.
      Grandma understood that for she worked hard to
      provide for her family while praying for her daily
      bread. Even in the North American Great Depression,
      there was always some food to share with others who
      hungered.

      Many people do not know what it means to live and
      work for the "kingdom of God and God's righteousness."
      Jesus is giving us a wonderful roadmap of how to live.
      These teachings are timeless, multicultural, multi-
      generational, and vitally needed for our world today.

      God, thank you for this reminder to stay with today's
      concerns. Help us live one day at a time through the
      power of your words. Amen.

      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com