Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 13, 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2012
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 13, 2012

      Reality prayers

      "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your
      heavenly Parent will also forgive you; but if you
      do not forgive others, neither will your Parent
      forgive your trespasses."
      Matthew 6:14-15

      The word "trespasses" refers directly to ethical
      transgressions. It is translated from a different
      Greek word used for debts.

      Forgiveness remains central in Jesus' teachings.
      If we want God to forgive our ethical and moral
      failings, then we must forgive the imperfections
      of others. This is our reality in God. Forgiveness
      begets forgiveness.

      There have been times in my own life when I have
      wanted to cling to my hurt feelings and grudges.
      That does not help my life in God. An unforgiving
      spirit leads to stress, remorse, anger, bitterness,
      and a desire for revenge.

      The bottom line is this – if we want God to forgive
      us, we must forgive others.

      God, help us forgive the ethical and moral failings
      of others. Amen.