Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 4, 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 11:19 AM
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 4, 2012

      Blessed rest with Jesus

      "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying
      heavy burdens, and I will give you rest "
      Matthew 11:28

      Certainly Jesus understands our needs for rest. He
      invites all of us to enter his rest through some of
      the most cherished words in the Scriptures. A
      spiritually empowering meditation can be experienced
      through the ancient, cherished practice called lectio
      divina. Lectio, as it is more commonly called, is a
      simple form of holy reading. Sacred words are slowly
      read with pauses of silence. Read these words again
      and again until a word or phrase lingers in your heart.
      Simply breathe with it and let it become the prayer of
      your heart. "Come to me, all you that are weary and
      are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest"
      (Matthew 11:28, NRSV).

      Are you feeling tired today? Is there some inner burden
      that is exhausting you? Can you share that sense of
      burden with God? Consider writing down your feelings
      and whatever comes to mind in the silence. List your
      heavy loads and concerns. Ask God for rest and
      strength for the day.

      God, help us come into your blessed rest. Carry our
      burdens today. Amen.

      using your credit card!
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com