Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 26, 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2012
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 26, 2012

      A source of blessing and healing

      "The God of peace be with all of you. Amen."
      Romans 15:33

      The palest ink is better than the best memory.
      ~ Chinese proverb

      Journal expert Anne Broyles tells the story of a
      young girl who breaks her leg and faces a summer
      in bed. Her Grandma gives her a journal and tells
      her this, "It's a journal . . . a special place
      for you to put down all the special things you
      think or see or dream, anytime you want. When
      you are in a rotten mood and your brain is full
      of cobwebs, or when life is so marvelous you feel
      like you're soaring in a balloon, you can put it
      all down . . . you can go through your own looking
      glass . . . all kinds of things happen during the
      day, but sometimes you don't notice them because
      you aren't paying attention. Writing in your
      journal helps you see things you never thought
      about before . . . soon each day seems full of
      small marvels you must write down" (Broyles,
      Anne. "Journaling. A Spirit Journey," p. 11).

      When we keep a journal, we discover things about
      ourselves. Journals can help us reach life-goals,
      examine our feelings, and see personal growth or
      the lack of it. Many people have found journal
      writing rewarding and enriching. Try an experiment
      with God and consider journal writing over the next
      few weeks. See if it is rewarding for you and may
      the God of peace be with you.

      Your life has a story. A journal is a good place
      to relive your story as a spiritual discipline.
      When we record our words, it can be a source of
      healing and blessing. Journal writing is one way
      to experience spiritual empowerment.

      God, our lives do have a story. Perhaps it is
      too painful to share with others, but it can be
      safe to share with you through a private journal.
      Give us courage and strength to begin writing our
      stories. Amen.