Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of November 6, 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2011
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of November 6, 2011

      **********
      The 2011-2012 Liturgical Calendar and Lectionary is
      now on the Web Site! If you want to order, go to
      http://tinyurl.com/2012-Lit-Cal

      Thank you!

      Who, me?

      "Jesus said to them again, 'Peace be with you. As
      the Father has sent me, so I send you.'"
      John 20:21

      Just as God sent Jesus to earth to walk among human
      beings, revealing divine grace and truth, so Jesus
      commissions everyone who believes in his message,
      to go forth and do likewise. Believe it or not,
      we are part of a divine plan.

      Some of you might be incredulous, murmuring, "who,
      me?" Yes, God uses ordinary people in extraordinary
      ways. Through our faith in Jesus Christ, we are
      born into something much bigger than ourselves.
      Jesus himself sends us into the world to share the
      love of God, in word and deed, as long as we live,
      in our neighborhoods and workplaces, in local and
      even global communities.

      Because none of us are clones, we will reflect the
      light of Christ through our lives to others in many
      different ways. Some of us are better at articulating
      our faith, while others have administrative gifts or
      a calling to help the sick and needy. Christ is
      eager to use our artistic and musical talents, along
      with our secular work areas of competence, to shine
      spiritual light in the world. Jesus can use us
      through interpersonal relationships, business networks,
      even our hobbies, to bring moments of divine hope and
      healing to a broken, hurting humanity. The ultimate
      divine plan is to bring God's enormous love through
      the message of Jesus to every human being, in every
      city, village, town, culture, and in every language.

      You probably realize this is humanly impossible to do
      alone, although each individual with the help of God
      can accomplish enormous good. Gay or straight, we
      need the help of others to develop and serve to our
      fullest potential, as we obey our divine commission.

      The divine plan revolves around the Church. We need
      the fellowship and encouragement of other believers,
      imperfect as we all are, to grow in our faith, while
      faithfully living out our individual and common
      callings for Jesus. We need to gather for moments
      of praise and prayer through worship services.
      These gatherings will energize and equip us,
      empowering our sense of mission and purpose. We
      are not in this great calling by ourselves. We are
      part of a great community of faith that stretches
      around the globe, which continues to be passed on
      from generation to generation. The Church represents
      human diversity, as we strive to serve God. Gay or
      straight, we bring a message of hope the world
      urgently needs to hear.

      The majority of people have no church experience or
      memory. These folks have never read a Gospel and
      probably do not know what Christians celebrate on
      Easter. Although they may not be religious, they
      are often deeply spiritual, in search of the Sacred.
      Jesus is an unknown to them.

      As God sent Jesus into the world, Jesus sends us
      with the divine message of faith, hope, and love.
      Not only does the risen Christ send us, but he
      equips us through the incredible power of the Holy
      Spirit. The God who calls, empowers, as we step
      out in faith and obedience.

      God, we wish to serve you. Thank you for including
      us as part of your divine plan, bringing your message
      of faith, hope, and love, locally and globally through
      our words and deeds. Help us find churches accepting
      of human diversity, that can help equip and encourage
      us as we strive to spread the message of Jesus. Amen.

      $15.75 each, plus shipping and handling. You can
      find this book on our Web site at