Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 27, 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2011
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 27, 2011

      Blessed by God

      "Happy are those whose way is blameless, who walk
      in the law of the Lord."
      Psalm 119:1b

      Would you like to be blessed by God? Then Psalm
      119 is worth reading again and again. Our souls
      do love to stroll and it is easy to wander through
      these lovely verses. As we travel through Psalm
      119 with eyes of faith, we are empowered and blessed
      by God. These sacred words help us experience the
      holy in extraordinary moments of renewal.

      Many people enjoy prayer walks. Long walks, short
      walks, morning walks, or evening walks they are
      good for us. The philosopher Søren Kierkegaard
      said, "Above all, do not lose your desire to walk:
      every day I walk myself into a state of well being
      and walk away from every illness. I have walked
      myself into my best thoughts." Friedrich Nietzsche
      remarked, "Never trust a thought that didn't come
      by walking."

      Take a moment today and browse through some of the
      verses in Psalm 119. Stroll with God in a brief
      prayer walk. Reflect on what it means in your own
      life to walk in the ways of God. You will be blessed.

      God, we ask you for greater understanding and guidance.
      Teach us to love you more dearly. Bless us with a
      changed heart and new spiritual eyes to love your
      ways, decrees, laws, and commands. Amen.