Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of July 25, 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2010
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of July 25, 2010

      Seeing is believing

      "Peter answered Jesus, 'Lord, if it is you, command
      me to come to you on the water.' Jesus said, 'Come.'
      So Peter got out of the boat, started walking on
      the water, and came towards Jesus. But when he
      noticed the strong wind, Peter became frightened,
      and beginning to sink, he cried out, 'Lord, save
      me!' Jesus immediately reached out his hand and
      caught him, saying to him, 'You of little faith,
      why did you doubt?' When they got into the boat,
      the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshipped
      him, saying, 'Truly you are the Son of God.'"
      Matthew 14:28-33

      I love this story and greatly admire Peter for his
      impulsiveness. I probably would have remained in
      the wildly rocking boat being battered and bruised.
      But Peter gives us a lesson in courage and faith.
      As long as he fixed his eyes on Jesus, he walked
      on the water without fear. But when he saw the
      wind and the waves, he began to fear and sink. He
      cried out, "Lord, save me!" Rather than let him
      flounder in the water, Jesus immediately rescues
      him and asks why did he doubt. They climb into
      the boat and the wind becomes still.

      Have you ever cried out to Jesus in panic and need?
      Will you consider worshiping Jesus as God's Son?
      We all need to be saved. Jesus will immediately
      reach out to us. And even nature obeys him. Our
      highest calling is to worship God through Jesus
      Christ.

      God, we join the disciples in worship. Amen.