Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 9, 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2010
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 9, 2010

      Fourteen words to change the world

      "Your kingdom come. Your will be done, on earth as
      it is in heaven."
      Matthew 6:10

      Today's verse is one of those incredible smaller
      prayers within the Great Prayer, also known as the
      Lord's Prayer. Be very careful as you pray these
      fourteen sacred words today. The Great Prayer
      consists of six beloved major petitions. Today's
      section of the prayer is for spiritual revolutionaries
      who want to change the world. This prayer request
      is only for those willing to become involved as
      change agents of God's grace and mercy.

      People who have the courage to pray these audacious
      words are petitioning God to transform the world.
      It is a remarkable prayer full of holy boldness.
      This is not for the indecisive and weak of heart.
      Those brave enough to pray it are asking the
      Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, to usher
      in heaven on earth. We are asking for God's will
      to be done. We are partnering with God to heal
      our sin sick and broken world.

      The kingdom of God is radical. God's reign brings
      in the marginalized, outcast, and rejected. In
      the dominion of all that is sacred, the afflicted
      are comforted and justice will prevail. The rich
      and the powerful will be last and the last will be

      Our human nature hesitates to truly comprehend the
      coming reign of God. It is costly and might turn
      our known world upside down. Yet the kingdom of
      God is near and dear to the heart of Christ. To
      fully understand, thoughtful people would be wise
      to read the ninety-nine accounts throughout all
      the Gospels where Jesus preaches and teaches about
      God's kingdom. To do so can change your life and
      perspective forever.

      Are you willing to let these fourteen sacred words
      linger in your heart today? This is a prayer of
      spiritual greatness. Will you ask for God's will
      to be done on earth as it is in heaven? Will you
      accept your call to respond as God leads you through
      continued prayer and action?

      Your kingdom come, God. Your will be done. Begin
      in my life on earth. Help me be a change agent of
      your grace and mercy. Amen.