Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 28, 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2010
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 28, 2010

      Blessing God

      "Bless our God, O peoples, let the sound of his
      praise be heard, who has kept us among the living,
      and has not let our feet slip."
      Psalm 66:8-9

      God has created us to be a divine blessing. We
      are created to bless, that is, to extol God's
      majesty, greatness, and goodness to all of creation.
      We are created to worship God with every fiber of
      our being and the Psalms give us wonderful words
      of praise. "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all
      that is within me, bless God's holy name" (Psalm
      103:1, inclusive). We are created for praise
      and blessing, for God is good. God is gracious.
      God is great. God is God. God is. Blessed be
      the Lord of all creation who is involved in our
      lives! Praise the name of the Holy One with every
      breath of our being.

      The more we bless God on earth, the better our
      praise will be in heaven. So learn to be a
      blessing and source of praise to our Maker.
      Consider this an investment in your heavenly
      future! Someday we will bless God with the angels
      and all other heavenly hosts, along with the great
      crowd of witnesses who have gone before us, and it
      will be glorious. Bless our God, O peoples. Let
      the sounds of praises be heard from our lips, for
      God has kept us among the living and has not let
      our feet slip. Blessed be the LORD.

      God, I bless your holy name with all that is within
      me. Amen.