Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 28, 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2010
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 28, 2010

      Forgotten feelings, memories, and unresolved issues

      "Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the
      end of the earth I call to you, when my heart is
      faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
      Psalm 61:1-2

      Many writers like you and I have journaled their
      dreams to find added meaning during our waking hours.
      In recording the most mundane events in our lives,
      we may be deeply touched in our spirits. Daily
      reading of newspapers, magazines, and books might
      catch our attention and spirit. Conversations among
      friends, strangers, business colleagues, and family
      may spark a journal entry. Ordinary conversations
      may suddenly not seem so ordinary.

      Journal writing may often bring up forgotten feelings,
      memories, and unresolved issues. Rather than be
      frightened, use these for reclaiming and working
      for your inner wellness. Sometimes deep feelings
      and emotions may rise to the surface and surprise
      us with their intensity.

      When we are in distress, sickness, adversity,
      betrayal, abandonment, brokenness, guilt, or
      experiencing slander, false accusation, persecution,
      and oppression, we have feelings that affect our
      inner wholeness and wellness. The silence,
      stillness, and rest a journal provides may be
      healing for some seekers.

      Life is full of emotional and physical suffering.
      Many prayer books in different traditions are wet
      with tears as people struggle with mistakes,
      disappointments, heartaches, and feelings of
      revenge, injustice, and complaint.

      Be honest with yourself in your journal about your
      feelings. Pour your emotions out on paper. Do not
      let them cause bitterness or unresolved pain.
      Journal writing can be enormously healing.
      Perhaps a counselor or therapist would be helpful
      in resolving painful memories. Seek your wholeness
      with all your heart. God will honor your journey.

      God, hear my cry today and honor my feelings.