Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of December 20, 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2009
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of December 20, 2009

      **********

      The 2009-2010 Liturgical Calendar and Lectionary
      has been published! Please check it out and order
      yours at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevLiturgicalCa09_10.html
      Also take a look at a lovely new
      2010 Garden Wall Calendar from Open Door MCC at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/ODMCC_Calendar.html

      More about Mary

      Mary, in her hymn of praise to God after learning
      she is pregnant with the coming Messiah, says "for
      the Mighty One has done great things for me, and
      holy is his name. God�s mercy is for those who
      fear God from generation to generation."
      Luke 1:49-50

      Mary was a remarkable teenager. She understood
      God's holiness and might. God was her awesome
      God! This youthful woman of faith has something
      else to teach us. She understood God is merciful
      and personal. God sees us. God does great
      things for us as we worship.

      Mary's words offer us insight into her personal
      life of faith. She had no idea of what was ahead,
      but she knew God was in control and held her future.
      This humble, poverty stricken woman offers us her
      experience in God. God had done great things in
      her life. She was willing to do the humanly
      impossible for God.

      Perhaps for Christmas, we could follow her example
      of praise and worship. Her testimony can be ours.
      God is willing and eager to do great things in our
      lives. Praising God is a good way to begin.
      Through praise, we experience the tender mercies
      of God in everyday life. Mary knew that God's
      mercies are new every morning. God would provide
      everything she would need. Great is God's
      faithfulness.

      Holy, merciful, mighty, and deeply personal God,
      do great things for us too!