Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of November 22, 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2009
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of November 22, 2009

      **********

      The 2009-2010 Liturgical Calendar and Lectionary
      has been published! Please check it out and order
      yours at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevLiturgicalCa09_10.html
      Also take a look at a lovely new
      2010 Garden Wall Calendar from Open Door MCC at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/ODMCC_Calendar.html

      God's flashlight

      "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my
      path."
      Psalm 119:105

      All of life contains the possibility of meeting
      God, and God's self-revelation occurs in many
      forms, according to teachers at the world
      famous, ecumenical Shalem Institute for
      Spiritual Formation (www.shalem.org). Scripture
      is one way of meeting God in human terms. By
      reading sacred words, we are spiritually
      empowered.

      The Psalmist reminds us that God's word is a lamp
      to our feet. The Psalms can serve as brilliant
      flashlights, lighting the path ahead of us. These
      wonderful words can help get us back on our feet
      and on our knees, when our lives are chaotic and
      in upheaval, when we feel overwhelmed by feelings
      of helplessness and hopelessness.

      The Psalms can help us get through one moment at
      a time, when one day at a time is overwhelming.
      God is deeply concerned with our pain. The
      Psalms help us remember that God sees. God
      cares. God listens and responds with generous
      spiritual light when we call out for help.

      These Psalm-prayers are time tested and true.
      People of faith across the ages have found help
      through them during their deepest moments of need.

      When we contemplate sin and the dark side of our
      lives, the Psalms can serve as a bright light for
      cleansing our souls. They offer us lifelines to
      prayer. If we do not know how to pray, chances
      are that the Psalms can help.

      God, shine brightly in my life. Let your words
      remove all darkness within me. Let the Psalms
      be a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.