Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of August 2, 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of August 2, 2009

      meditation. we hope you will be blessed.

      Praise as our response

      "And Jesus went on from there and passed along
      the Sea of Galilee. And he went up on the
      mountain, and sat down there. And great crowds
      came to him, bringing with them the lame, the
      maimed, the blind, the dumb, and many others,
      and they put them at his feet, and he healed
      them, so that the throng wondered, when they
      saw the dumb speaking, the maimed whole, the
      lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they
      glorified the God of Israel."
      Matthew 15:29-31

      Praise should be part of our response to God's
      mercy and intervention in our lives. God's
      gifts are often overlooked. Our humanness
      cries out with our neediness. We frequently
      forget to thank and praise God for our healing
      and the daily miracles of life. Praise is
      something we need to learn again and again.
      Praise is good for our souls and is a healthy
      part of gratitude.

      Once again crowds of hurting, sick, despairing
      people came to Jesus with their sick, lame,
      maimed, blind, and suffering friends and family
      members. They placed them at Jesus' feet and
      he cured them. The amazed crowd praised God
      for the astonishing miracles they so dramatically
      saw, heard, and experienced.

      We may not have such dramatic experiences, but
      praising God is good for us. God delights in
      our praise. Our highest calling is found
      through praising and blessing God. This is
      why we are created. Worship is our highest
      calling.

      What is praise? Awe, adoration, love, and
      reverence come to mind. Sometimes we need
      to learn the language of praise that the
      Psalms teach us. Psalms 145 through 150 can
      help us.

      Praise the Lord with singing.
      Remember God's remarkable deeds.
      Lift up God's name in honor and love.
      Praise God through music.
      Praise God through nature.
      Sing new songs to God while in community and
      while alone.
      Praise God in the sanctuary.
      Be glad in God with dancing.
      Praise the Lord.