Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 28, 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2009
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 28, 2009

      meditation. we hope you will be blessed.

      For the weary and burdened

      Jesus said, "Come to me, all you that are weary
      and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give
      you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from
      me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you
      will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is
      easy, and my burden is light."
      Matthew 11:28-30

      Have you ever been exhausted? Burdened with many
      worries and anxieties? Stressed with inner turmoil
      and conflict? When was the last time you really
      rested and just breathed with God? When was the
      last time your soul felt full of rest?

      Come to this soul teacher. Jesus' lessons are
      instantly available and free to every student.
      His yoke is easy and burden is light. This
      Teacher is gentle and humble in heart. He is
      available to all and offers profound rest for
      our souls. We can lay our burdens on him. He
      cares for us. Jesus is fully trustworthy. His
      very presence offers us spiritual hospitality
      and generosity. He offers us inner sanctuary.

      Rest is good for our souls. Never underestimate
      the power of a nap. I have lived and worked with
      people who sometimes had to work more than twenty-
      four hours at a time. Some would be too exhausted
      to eat at the end of their shift. All they wanted
      to do was sleep. Sleep can produce miraculous
      restoration of perspective, strength, humor,
      courage, and endurance. Rest is a precious gift
      from God. For those who are sick and in pain,
      sleep can mean blessed relief from suffering.
      Rest rejuvenates. Exhaustion debilitates.

      Rest brings us into wholeness and healing.
      Sometimes we just need to rest with God.
      Jesus invites us to rest in his presence
      through these gracious words of comfort and
      help. Yes, God, I need this soul rest today.