Chi Rho Connection, Vol. X, No. 1

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2009

      Vol. X, No. 1

      1. Sterling Silver Pendants
      2. Special for Churches

      1. Sterling Silver Pendants

      Chi Rho Press, your MCC LGBT Christian publishing
      house, again carries Solid Sterling Silver MCC
      crosses and logos! Our silversmith had a serious
      problem while beginning to use a new silver caster.
      Delays in refilling our stock of MCC Chi Rho crosses
      and the newer MCC logo ensued. Fortunately, those
      problems have been resolved and we took delivery on
      the first part of our order this weekend!

      A Gay jewelry artist has cast the traditional MCC
      Chi Rho cross and the newer MCC logo in Solid
      Sterling Silver for Chi Rho Press.

      The traditional MCC Cross with the overlapped Greek
      letters Chi and Rho in the center (a traditional
      monogram for Christ, being the first letters in
      the Greek word Christos) and the Greek letters
      Alpha and Omega on the cross bar (the first and
      last letters in the Greek alphabet, signifying
      the Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the
      beginning and the end). On the reverse of the
      cross is the dove of the Holy Spirit. The Solid
      Sterling Silver crosses are 13/16 inches wide and
      1 inch tall, and sell for $19.95 each, plus shipping
      and handling. Six or more are $14.95 each, plus
      shipping and handling.

      The new MCC logo on a round pendant with the flame
      of the Holy Spirit intersecting the stylized globe.
      The Solid Sterling Silver MCC logos are 7/8 inch in
      diameter, and sell for $24.95 each, plus shipping
      and handling. Six or more are $18.95 each, plus
      shipping and handling.

      Please see and order your MCC Crosses or MCC Logos
      at this link:

      2. Special for Churches

      Here's a way for your local congregation to partner with
      Chi Rho Press and to make some money as well. Chi Rho
      Press is an LGBT Christian publishing house that is part

      Chi Rho Press will give your church a donation of 10%
      of sales from people who list your church in the on-line
      secure Web site order form.

      Let your congregation know about this special offer and
      send them to the Chi Rho Press Web site,
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com When they place an order,
      ask them to list your church name and address in the
      "Special Instructions" box on the check out page.

      Chi Rho Press will send 10% of the total order,
      including shipping and handling, to your church.

      Please advertise this in your church bulletin, newsletter,
      Web site, list-serve, or other communication medium.
      Spread the word and earn money for your ministries while
      helping this ministry to grow.

      Please let us know if you are going to participate by
      writing to Adam@.... Thank you!

      3. Adam's Last Word

      I would love for you to send me articles about
      women or men you hold to be your Heroes of the
      Faith. Just write to Adam@... with
      your remembrance and let me know what you would
      like me to say about you as the author.

      Please encourage members of your church to participate
      in the special fund raising offer from Chi Rho Press.
      We will make a donation of 10% of all sales from
      people who mention your congregation in the "Special
      Instructions and Comments" box on the check out page.
      Please let your people know as soon as possible about
      this opportunity to help both our ministries.

      Shipping and Handling Tip: This tip will be
      especially important if you are ordering one or
      two Liturgical Calendars!

      When you are ordering from the Chi Rho Press Web
      site, be sure to tell us your preferred shipping
      method. The way the shopping cart is set up, the
      shipping method defaults to United Parcel Service.
      This is NOT the most economical way to ship for
      orders under seven pounds. If you want the most
      inexpensive shipping (within the United States)
      it is usually best to pick USPS (United States
      Postal Service Domestic Parcel Post) for packages
      weighing under seven pounds. UPS (United Parcel
      Service) Ground is more economical for packages
      heavier than seven pounds. The shopping cart will
      tell you how much your order weighs in the box right
      next to your order amount and price. There is a link
      there to change your shipping method as well.

      When I order one copy of the Liturgical Calendar and
      allow the default UPS Ground shipping method, the
      shipping cost is almost as much as the book, $10.11!
      But if I change the shipping method to USPS Parcel
      Post shipping is only $6.28, and it is $6.46 for USPS
      Priority Mail.

      Be smart shoppers and choose your shipping options
      carefully to avoid paying too much!

      Gracia y paz,

      Brother R. Adam DeBaugh, OSL