Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 15, 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2009
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 15, 2009

      Valued, precious, needed, loved

      "I thank my God in all my remembrance of you."
      Philippians 1:3

      We need blessing to be spiritually empowered for
      healing and wholeness. We need on-going blessing
      that helps us hear we are guided by love every step
      of our lives. Blessing is something all of us can
      give and receive. Giving a blessing is the most
      important affirmation we can give someone. It
      helps people experience their belovedness.

      Years ago I struggled with my own sense of
      belovedness and a kind friend heard of my
      despair and disillusionment. She sent me
      a card that simply said, "Remember these things
      you are valued, you are precious, you are needed,
      you are loved. Sometimes we just need someone to
      tell us, so I'm telling you and I mean it with all
      my heart."

      Those gentle and affirming words greatly encouraged
      me. I have saved that thoughtful card and display
      it where it is easy to see. As a Japanese proverb
      says, "One kind word can warm three winter months."
      Her words blessed me and gave me inner strength that
      continues through today. Perhaps they can also
      bless you.

      God, help us remember we are valued, precious,
      needed, and loved by you.