Chi Rho Connection, Vol. IX, No. 9

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2008

      Vol. IX, No. 9

      1. Rembert S. Truluck, RIP
      2. Personal Tribute to Rembert Truluck from
      Lawrence Reh
      3. New 2008-2009 Liturgical Calendar!
      4. Do Your Christmas Shopping at Chi Rho Press
      5. Special for Churches
      6. Adam's Last Word

      This issue's Quote:

      "We must love each other through this -- bearing one
      another's pain, and affirming for each other the
      promise that neither death nor life; nor angels, nor
      principalities; neither things present, nor things to
      come; neither Kaposi's nor pneumocystis, nor any
      syndrome nor anguish, nor pain, nor the hatred of
      those who fear us; nor anything else in all creation,
      can separate us from the love of God or keep us from
      the realm prepared for us from the beginning of the
      John Fortunato, "aids: The Spiritual Dilemma"

      1. Rembert S. Truluck, RIP

      Chi Rho Press mourns the passing of a true genius,
      the Rev. Dr. Rembert S. Truluck, the author of
      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse."

      "Buddy" Truluck was a good friend and a prolific
      writer. His book is massive (550 pages) and one
      of the best selling books ever published by Chi
      Rho Press. Here's a composite obituary gleaned
      from a number of sources:

      Dr. Rembert "Buddy" Scarborough Truluck, Jr. passed
      away peacefully in his sleep on November 13, 2008,
      at the age of 74, in Greenville, S.C.

      Dr. Truluck was originally from Clinton, S.C., and
      attended Furman University and later The Southern
      Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY,
      where he graduated with a Doctorate of Theology
      in 1968. Dr. Truluck went on to pastor several
      Southern Baptist churches in Kentucky, South
      Carolina and Mississippi from 1953 to 1973. In
      1973, Dr. Truluck was called to the Baptist College
      of Charleston, SC to be a professor of religion
      until 1981. He was a writer of Southern Baptist
      Sunday School Lessons from 1973 to 1979, and later
      spoke at Soulforce actions to protest the anti-gay
      teaching and rhetoric of the Southern Baptist

      Dr. Truluck first joined the Metropolitan Community
      Church in 1981 and later served as pastor of MCC
      churches in Nashville, Atlanta, and San Francisco
      from 1988 to 1996. In 2000, he authored the book
      and the Web site, "Steps to Recovery from Bible

      In recent years, he settled in Greenville, S.C.,
      to be near his family.

      Dr. Truluck is survived by his sister, Jackque
      Warren (and her husband Ed); three children,
      Deborah Phillips (and her husband Tim), Russell
      Truluck (and his wife Peggy), Susan Truluck (and
      her partner Anna); grandchildren, Daniel Phillips
      and Ashley Truluck. Dr. Truluck was cremated and
      there was an informal memorial service on November
      22. In lieu of flowers, the family request
      donations be made to a memorial fund to help pay
      for funeral expenses and to keep his legacy and
      work alive. Contributions can be made to Russell
      Truluck, P.O. Box 627, Travelers Rest, SC 29690.

      His web site, www.truluck.com, had become
      incredibly popular as a source of information
      about Christianity and the lesbian/gay community
      and the steps to recovery from Bible abuse. The
      Web site debuted in September 1997 and had over
      two million visits in the first two years. His
      Web site was shut down a few years ago when Dr.
      Truluck was too ill to maintain it and because
      of his financial difficulties.

      In discussions with his son, Russell, we have
      discovered that loyal supporters of Dr. Truluck
      in Hungary (of all places!), have maintained his
      Web site. They are in touch with Russell and have
      agreed to keep it up and allow him to update it.
      The new link is http://www.otkenyer.hu/truluck/index.html .

      The re-emergence of the Steps to Recovery from Bible
      Abuse Web site is great news for people who need the
      wealth of information Dr. Truluck had posted on it.
      And of course, Chi Rho Press still sells the
      incredible book, "Steps to Recovery from Bible
      Abuse." We are discussing possible other publications
      from the wealth of material Buddy left behind with his
      son Russell.

      There can be no better tribute to Rembert Truluck than
      to purchase his book at
      It makes a wonderful Christmas gift as well and sells
      for $24.95 each, or $18.75 each for six or more copies,
      plus shipping and handling.

      2. Personal Tribute to Rembert Truluck from
      Lawrence Reh

      We were proud to read this personal tribute to
      Buddy Truluck, written by the founder of the
      wonderful list-serve FirstLight
      (FirstLight@yahoogroups.com), Lawrence Reh.
      (Lawrence is also a contributor to the book
      "Called Out: the Voices and Gifts of LGBT Presbyterians,"
      Here is his tribute to Rembert Truluck:

      I became acquainted with Rembert Truluck through
      the Web site he operated for a number of years,
      which bore the same title as the widely-used
      resource he subsequently authored for TLGB
      Christians, "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse."
      It was shortly after I initiated the First Light
      support ministry and I subscribed to Rembert's
      weekly e-mail updates, passing them along (with
      his permission) to the First Light group for
      some time before I learned that Rembert lived
      in Oakland only a few miles from my home in

      Shortly thereafter, we got together face to face
      for the first time, meeting for coffee (him) and
      tea (me) at Vines, the unique arts gift shop and
      cafe that occupied the second story of a small
      Queen Anne Victorian house on Lincoln Street in
      Alameda. When the weather was fine, we sat out
      on the redwood deck at the rear of the shop,
      overlooking the lush collection of saplings,
      potted plants and blooming shrubs offered for
      sale by Thompson's Nursery, which occupied the
      first story of the building. We'd drink in the
      sunshine and the multiple scents both flowery
      and earthy from the grounds around us, watch
      hummingbirds feast on the scarlet trumpet vines
      that covered the walls, and listen to the plash
      of the bamboo fountain in the corner behind our
      shaded table.

      I found Rembert's conversation intelligent,
      engaging and often challenging, and after that
      first get-together, our meetings occurred fairly
      frequently, though not regularly, since Rembert
      was often traveling to other parts of the country
      to teach, preach and lecture on his groundbreaking
      affirmation of Biblical 'good news' for TLGB people.
      The book that grew out of the Web site was not
      yet finished when we first began our conversations,
      and he was truly excited at the prospect that
      "Steps to Recovery" would soon be issued by Chi
      Rho Press in Maryland, the MCC-focused religious
      publishing house for the TLGB community.

      I don't recall the exact date, but I well remember
      the glow on his face and the spring in his step the
      afternoon Rembert met me at Vines, and after ordering
      our beverages and home-made cookies, we went out onto
      the deck and he pulled from a brown paper wrapping a
      thick book that looked, at first glance, very much
      like a Bible. But it was one of the earliest copies
      of "Steps to Recovery," in which he had written a
      note to me as a gift.

      Some of you will know that Rembert became a First
      Light members (as did Chi Rho Press' honcho, Adam
      DeBaugh), though he was seldom able to participate
      in the discussions due to his busy schedule.
      However, being a subscriber made it easier for
      him to share his weekly messages that opened up
      a positive vision of Bible lessons for our community.
      He had a huge international e-mail distribution list,
      and felt rewarded by knowing his book was being used
      in group studies in many parts of the world, from
      Europe to China to South America and multiple points
      in between.

      Rembert had his share of personal challenges, ups
      and downs in relationships, health issues and
      financial concerns, but I rarely saw him in less
      than a cheerful mood. It was with some personal
      sadness that I received the news that his Web site
      was being shut down and he would be moving back to
      his home state of South Carolina, where his aged,
      nearly blind mother still lived at that time, and
      despite good intentions on both sides, I lost
      contact with him, and only heard news of his
      welfare from time to time through Adam at Chi
      Rho Press.

      I am saddened by the news of his passing, received
      in a Soulforce e-mail, but there is some compensation
      in the thought that he has left behind a monumental
      gift to TLGB Christians in his book, which is still
      available from Chi Rho Press. It is well worth your
      investment and study. For more details, see http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevStepsToRecovery.html.

      Prayers for the continued flowering of his ministry
      and outreach would not be amiss. He was a rare gift
      and a rich blessing to our community.

      3. New 2008-2009 Liturgical Calendar!

      The new Liturgical Calendar and Lectionary is out!
      The new Church Year started with the first Sunday in
      Advent, November 30, 2008. Chi Rho Press' annual
      Liturgical Calendar and Lectionary for 2008-2009 is
      back from the printer and ready to ship. You may
      view it and order it at this link:

      The 2008-2009 Liturgical Calendar and Lectionary sells
      for $12.95 each, $10.50 each for six or more copies, plus
      shipping and handling.

      The Lectionary in the Liturgical Calendar is from the
      Revised Common Lectionary, widely used as the
      ecumenical consensus on readings for each Sunday and
      holy day in the three-year cycle of the church year.
      Our Liturgical Calendar is packed with useful
      information for planning worship and preaching in
      the local church. It is intended for use by pastors,
      musicians, altar guilds, teachers, theological students,
      and anyone using the Church Year as a basis for worship
      or education. The Liturgical Calendar is spiral bound
      so it can lie flat for easy use, in the popular 8 ½" x
      11" format.

      Featured in this new Liturgical Calendar are these
      sections: A Heading that identifies the day in the
      church year (for example, the first Sunday of Advent)
      with alternative descriptions where appropriate.
      The Revised Common Lectionary readings, including
      a brief summary of each reading. (These are intended
      as only a very brief overview to identify general
      themes as an aid to worship planning. We do not
      represent them as anything approaching a thorough

      The First Reading is usually from the Hebrew Testament,
      but there are exceptions, such as the use of readings
      from Acts during the Easter season. These are sometimes
      selected thematically to fit the Liturgical Calendar,
      but often are simply being read through key passages
      over a series of weeks. This is followed by a Response,
      usually a Psalm. The Epistle Reading is next, like the
      Hebrew Testament Reading typically a series of key
      passages from the same book being read over a number
      of weeks. Finally the Gospel Reading follows the story
      of Jesus through the Christmas and Easter cycles, plus
      the teachings of Jesus the rest of the year.

      Next is a section called "Worship Planning." This
      includes suggestions for decorations or symbols for
      special seasons, such as Advent wreaths; the
      liturgical color for the day; etc.

      Rev. Witt has added lots of Notes in the Worship
      Planning section, which serve to explain in more
      detail information about the time of the church
      year, provide resources for further study and
      information, and develop liturgical themes to make
      your worship experience more rich and meaningful.

      Then comes a section called "Special Events," which
      includes any special events occurring that day or that
      week that you may wish to commemorate, such as World
      AIDS Day, and some special occasions for celebrations
      of diversity, such as celebration days for specific
      cultures (e.g., Cinco de Mayo) and special days for
      the GLBT community (e.g., a day of remembrance for
      Matthew Shepard).

      As a special added section, we have included
      alternative readings for the four Sundays of
      Pride-Tide (June) prepared by the Rev. Gordon
      McCoy. The four sets of readings for Pride-Tide
      may be used at any time in the year that the faith
      community celebrates LGBT Pride. The standard
      Revised Common Lectionary readings are included
      for the four Sundays in June as well.

      The 2008-2009 Liturgical Calendar will be a helpful
      aid for anyone involved in planning worship, as well
      as a useful resource for all who want to know more
      about the Church year and the rich liturgical life
      of the Church Universal. We think you will like
      this Liturgical Calendar.

      Order the 2009 Calendar today at this new link:

      The 2009 Liturgical Calendar and Lectionary sells for
      $12.95 each, $10.50 each for six or more copies, plus
      shipping and handling.

      4. Do Your Christmas Shopping at Chi Rho Press

      What if we could point you to a store that is open
      24 hours a day, seven days a week; where you can shop
      in your pajamas if you want; where you can buy books,
      stained glass, music, and even stocking stuffers; and
      where shipping within the United States is free for
      orders over $100! Of course, we are talking about
      our own Web site, http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      Books make great gifts! Titles such as Steps to
      Recovery from Bible Abuse, Living as the Beloved,
      Christian with a Twist, The Bible and Homosexuality,
      two different Lenten studies, Come Home!, Called OUT!,
      Positively Gay, My Memory Book, the new 2009 Liturgical
      Calendar and Lectionary, and The Road to Emmaus are
      all available and ready to ship. Plus we have audio
      and video tapes, CDs, five different stained glass
      designs, rainbow key chains and bracelets, and more!

      Come shop at Chi Rho Press! Why not do all your
      Christmas shopping at Chi Rho Press? You will have
      wonderful gifts to give your friends and loved ones
      and you will be supporting your LGBT Christian
      publishing house as well.

      Here are some great gift ideas for your holiday

      We have designed gift certificates that can be made
      out for any amount you care to give.

      These are not yet available on our Web site, so send
      your check with a note indicating that you are buying
      a Gift Certificate and we will make up an attractive
      Gift Certificate for the amount of your check for you
      to give along with a copy of our catalog.

      Order some today at Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864,
      Gaithersburg, MD 20898.

      Or you may go to our contribution page at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/sponsor.html, pick the
      amount you want your gift certificate to be, and
      in the "Special Instructions and Comments" box,
      indicate that you want a gift certificate sent to
      you, and pay with your credit card on our secure
      shopping cart.

      Chi Rho Press Gift Certificates make excellent
      gifts! Order some today!

      Here's a great, inexpensive idea for Christmas
      Gifts: stained glass!

      There are five designs to choose from on our Web
      page. The stained glass pieces made especially
      for Chi Rho Press are the basic cross ($12.00),
      the gay/lesbian rainbow flag ($18.00), the red
      stained glass AIDS ribbon ($7.50), the rainbow
      cross ($18.00), and the rainbow star of David
      ($18.00). See them at http://www.chirhopress.com/products/stainedglass.html.

      Please visit the Chi Rho Press Web site and take a
      look at the stained glass windows and buy some of
      the smaller pieces that are readily available.

      A great gift for mom and dad! Chi Rho Press
      author Roberta Kreider is featured in a video
      produced by John Davis. The new video, "Family
      Stories: Journeys of Spirit in Mixed Orientation
      Families," featuring Roberta Kreider and Mary
      Lou Wallner, with an introduction by the Rev.
      Peter J. Gomes. VHS format, color, 35 minutes,
      $26.95, shipping and handling included.

      "Jesus is Lord of All," a wonderful tape of
      Christian music by a talented group. Now
      remaindered at $5.00 each (a great buy!),
      plus shipping and handling.

      Rainbow Key Chains and Rainbow Bracelets make
      great stocking stuffers!

      Rainbow Bracelets are made from a suede thong
      with a row of beads in the Gay pride rainbow
      flag colors. Adjustable, one size fits all.

      Rainbow Key Chains are made of two interlocking
      metal rings with a leather thong and two rows of
      beads in the Gay pride rainbow flag colors (red,
      orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple).

      Both are only $2.00 each (plus shipping and
      handling). You may see a picture of these items
      and order them on our Web site on this page:

      Plus, check out our line of greeting cards at

      Books make great gifts! Here are some of our

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," by Dr. Rembert
      Truluck. A wonderful set of 52 Bible studies, one for
      every week, divided into Dr. Truluck's famous 13 Steps to
      Recovery from Bible Abuse, plus lots of additional
      material. $24.95 each, six or more copies for $18.75
      each, plus shipping and handling.

      "Positively Gay" for an LBGT person just coming out,
      and even for someone who has been out for a while!
      Only $14.95, plus shipping and handling (six or more for
      $12.70 each).

      "Come Home! Reclaiming Spirituality and Community as Gay
      Men and Lesbians," second edition, by Chris Glaser. One
      of the best books from this popular Gay Christian author.
      "I rejoice that in this book all the gay men and lesbian
      women who have been robbed of their spirituality are issued
      an urgent invitation: Come Home!" says Virginia Ramey
      Mollenkott. $19.95 each, six or more for $14.95 each, plus
      shipping and handling.

      "What a Fellowship," by Jean Gralley. The UFMCC's first
      cartoon book by a talented graphic artist. A wonderful,
      light-hearted gift. $8.95, six or more for $6.75 each,
      plus shipping and handling.

      "The Road to Emmaus: Daily Encounters with the
      Risen Christ," is an inclusive devotional edited
      by the late Rev. Joseph W. Houle and is a valuable
      resource for those who wish to balance the frenetic
      pace of modern life with moments of recollection and
      spiritual refreshment. There is a Gospel reading
      for each day of the year and a meditation based
      upon it. Each meditation is a gentle invitation
      to become attentive to the presence of the Sacred
      in the ordinary circumstances of our lives and to
      open our hearts to the risen Christ in quiet

      As an inclusive devotional, "The Road to Emmaus"
      affirms the goodness of all God's children, the
      young and the old; the male and the female; the
      lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered person;
      heterosexuals; the single, coupled, and celibate;
      and people of all races, physical ability, and
      education. Its underlying message is that the
      Gospel is good news for all people.

      If you seek a deeper walk with the risen Christ,
      the daily meditations of "The Road to Emmaus" will
      speed you on your way.

      James B. Nelson writes, "Reading the devotions in
      The Road to Emmaus made scriptural passages come
      alive for me, often in new ways. Further, the
      writings prodded me to examine my spirituality
      more honestly. And, most importantly, they
      freshened my hope."

      Contributors to "The Road to Emmaus" include the
      Rev. Kathy Baker, the late Rev. Harold J. Burris,
      Adam DeBaugh, Sarah Fershee, Sr. Jeannine Gramick,
      the Rev. Louis Kavar, the late Joseph Houle,
      Virginia Miles, Fr. Robert Nugent, Jack Pantaleo,
      the Rev. Dusty Pruitt, the Rev. Andy Sidden, and
      the late Rev. Larry Uhrig.

      "The Road to Emmaus" is available at $9.95 each plus
      shipping and handling. Six of more copies are $8.45 each.
      Order on our Web site at

      "Called OUT: The Voices and Gifts of LGBT Presbyterians,"
      compiled by Jane Adams Spahr, Kathryn Poethig, Selisse
      Berry, and Melinda McLain. Our first anthology wherein
      39 lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered Presbyterians
      tell their stories about their lives in and out of the
      Presbyterian Church. People from both the old northern
      and southern churches, and the reunited Presbyterian Church
      (USA), from all over the United States, tell their stories
      here with candor, wit, and faith. An important book for all
      who either are Lesbian or Gay or would seek to understand
      Gay people of faith, regardless of their religion. Second
      printing, $17.95 each, six or more copies for $15.25 each,
      plus shipping and handling.

      "An Alien in a Foreign Land," by the late Rev. Jimmy Brock.
      Eleven sermons first preached at Joy MCC, Orlando, FL,
      where the Rev. Brock pastored, which are excellent for
      personal or corporate devotions, the basis for Christian
      education classes, Bible studies, discussion groups, a
      guide in private meditation, or for membership classes.
      $9.95 each, six or more copies for $8.45 each, plus
      shipping and handling.

      "The Bible and Homosexuality," Fifth Edition, by
      the Rev. Michael E. England. The fifth edition
      of our best selling book! Many thousands of this
      book are in circulation. Published in perfect
      binding, with color cover. Included are chapters
      on our understanding of "inspiration;" critical
      interpretation; textual, historical, source, and
      form criticism; detailed discussions about scripture
      verses used to condemn homosexuality; the "contra
      naturam" (against nature) argument; heterosexual
      marriages as the "only Biblical model;" adultery
      and fornication; and a bibliography. $10.95 each,
      six or more copies for $8.95 each, plus shipping
      and handling.

      "Families Re-Membered: Pastoral Support for Friends
      and Families Living with HIV/AIDS," by the Rev.
      Louis F. Kavar, Ph.D. HIV/AIDS causes families to
      be re-structured, enlarged and changed, "re-membered."
      This book explores the dynamics of family systems and
      the realities of extended families of choice in the
      context of HIV/AIDS and any terminal illness. $10.95
      each, six or more copies for $8.25 each, plus shipping
      and handling.

      "I'm Still Dancing! A Gay Man's Health Experience,"
      by the Rev. A. Stephen Pieters. A powerful book by
      a long-term survivor of AIDS: articles, sermons and
      journal entries chronicle life with AIDS. Sick since
      1982 and diagnosed with AIDS in 1984, Steve's cancers
      have gone into complete remission and he remains well
      to this day. He served for many years as Field Director
      of the UFMCC's AIDS Ministry. $8.95 each, six or more
      copies for $6.75 each, plus shipping and handling.

      "Christian with a Twist: Reflections on Scripture
      that are a bit more inclusive, a bit more relevant,
      and with a bit of a bite," by William Gaston. These
      reflections are a remarkable collection, borne out
      of the life experience and deep faith of a remarkable
      man. Bill Gaston wrote these reflections weekly,
      based on the Sunday lectionary readings, and they
      were first published in the Sunday bulletin newsletter
      of MCC of Washington DC for over three years. As
      such, they edified, challenged, startled, enlightened,
      and sometimes annoyed the hundreds of people who came
      through the doors of that amazing church. Very often
      Bill's reflections have caused readers to think more
      deeply, reflect more honestly, and stretch more boldly
      in their faith journey. $19.95 each, or $14.95 each
      for six or more copies, plus shipping and handling.

      Rev. Dr. Sandra L. Bochonok. This wonderful book
      has a Scripture reading, meditation, and prayer for
      every day of the year. Dr. Bochonok's meditations
      are poignant, wise, and amazingly pastoral. Her
      many years as a military chaplain and pastor, and
      now as an Internet pastor, shine through her every
      word. Her meditations are simple, basic Christian
      teaching, yet glow with power, grace, and beauty.
      These are devotions that will light your days for
      many years to come. $20.95 each, six or more for
      $15.75 each, plus shipping and handling.

      There are additional books and products on our Web
      site. Please help YOUR LGBT Christian publishing
      house, Chi Rho Press, and buy your Christmas gifts
      on our Web site, http://www.ChiRhoPress.com We
      never close!

      Happy Christmas to you all!

      5. Special for Churches

      Here's a way for your local congregation to partner with
      Chi Rho Press and to make some money as well. Chi Rho
      Press is an LGBT Christian publishing house that is part

      Chi Rho Press will give your church a donation of 10%
      of sales from people who list your church in the on-line
      secure Web site order form.

      Let your congregation know about this special offer and
      send them to the Chi Rho Press Web site,
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com When they place an order,
      ask them to list your church name and address in the
      "Special Instructions" box on the check out page.

      Chi Rho Press will send 10% of the total order,
      including shipping and handling, to your church.

      Please advertise this in your church bulletin, newsletter,
      Web site, list-serve, or other communication medium.
      Spread the word and earn money for your ministries while
      helping this ministry to grow.

      Please let us know if you are going to participate by
      writing to Adam@.... Thank you!

      6. Adam's Last Word

      This edition of Chi Rho Connection comes out later
      than I had hoped because quite frankly, I have had
      a very difficult time writing the first article
      about the passing of my friend and colleague
      Rembert Truluck. Though he had not been well in
      recent years, Rembert remained a good friend and
      challenging person to dialogue with, and his passing
      came as a shock. He was never shy or modest about
      his work. He called his "Steps to Recovery from
      Bible Abuse" the "best book ever written!" He
      would constantly be ordering another box of books
      from me, and I would remind him that we were giving
      him a 40% discount so he could resell the book and
      make some money for himself in addition to his
      royalties, but he invariably ended up giving the
      books away. He died still owing Chi Rho Press
      money for the last boxes of books he ordered.

      I remember an incredible book tour we sponsored
      for him in the Washington-Baltimore area when he
      spoke at Foundry United Methodist Church, at
      Integrity Washington (the Episcopalian LGBT
      group), and at a number of area MCC congregations.
      He was always late, because he always took the
      time to listen to and talk to people he met at
      these events.

      I remember calling him with the first round of our
      edits for his book as well. Our standard contract
      stipulates that while we will edit a manuscript the
      author has the right to accept or reject all editorial
      decisions. So I called Buddy and settled in for a
      lengthy conversation one Saturday, going through
      the edits line by line. After about five pages,
      he stopped me, saying, "You know what, Adam? I
      trust you. Just you edit the damn book and let's
      get it out! I don't want to deal with all this
      stuff." And so we did, and Buddy pronounced our
      efforts excellent, saying "You made a perfect book
      even better!"

      I shall miss this irascible, brilliant, voluble,
      troubled, and amazing man. I know right now he
      is barging into God's office to argue some point
      or other. And I know God is always glad to see
      him. But I miss him.

      Oh yes, and if you don't own it already, buy a
      copy of "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse."
      It just might be one of the best books ever w

      We are excited about the publication of the
      2008-2009 Liturgical Calendar and Lectionary,
      Year B. We hope you will order your copies today!

      Please encourage members of your church to participate
      in the special fund raising offer from Chi Rho Press.
      We will make a donation of 10% of all sales from
      people who mention your congregation in the "Special
      Instructions and Comments" box on the check out page.
      Please let your people know as soon as possible about
      this opportunity to help both our ministries.

      Shipping and Handling Tip: This tip will be
      especially important if you are ordering one or
      two Liturgical Calendars!

      When you are ordering from the Chi Rho Press Web
      site, be sure to tell us your preferred shipping
      method. The way the shopping cart is set up, the
      shipping method defaults to United Parcel Service.
      This is NOT the most economical way to ship for
      orders under seven pounds. If you want the most
      inexpensive shipping (within the United States)
      it is usually best to pick USPS (United States
      Postal Service Domestic Parcel Post) for packages
      weighing under seven pounds. UPS (United Parcel
      Service) Ground is more economical for packages
      heavier than seven pounds. The shopping cart will
      tell you how much your order weighs in the box right
      next to your order amount and price. There is a link
      there to change your shipping method as well.

      When I order one copy of the Liturgical Calendar and
      allow the default UPS Ground shipping method, the
      shipping cost is almost as much as the book, $10.11!
      But if I change the shipping method to USPS Parcel
      Post shipping is only $6.28, and it is $6.46 for USPS
      Priority Mail.

      Be smart shoppers and choose your shipping options
      carefully to avoid paying too much!

      Gracia y paz,

      Brother R. Adam DeBaugh, OSL
      Director, Adam@....