Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of July 6, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2008
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of July 6, 2008

      God�s family

      "While he was still speaking to the crowds, his
      mother and his brothers were standing outside,
      wanting to speak to him. Someone told him,
      'Look, your mother and your brothers are standing
      outside, wanting to speak to you.' But to the
      one who had told him this, Jesus replied, 'Who
      is my mother, and who are my brothers?' And
      pointing to his disciples, he said, 'Here are
      my mother and my brothers! For whoever does
      the will of my Father in heaven is my brother
      and sister and mother.'"
      Matthew 12:46-50

      Have you ever been curious about what Jesus'
      mother and brothers wanted to say? Were they
      worried for his safety? Did they want to warn
      him to be careful? Perhaps they wished to give
      him an encouraging word of affirmation and
      encouragement. I have always wondered if his
      mother wanted to remind Jesus to take time to
      eat and rest. We will never know.

      We do know that Jesus has just taught us a new
      understanding of God's family values. God's
      family is generously expanded for all wanting
      to follow God's will. There is room at God's
      table for each of us. We are included in the
      beauty of all our human diversity. So live as
      a child of God. Live in close relationship with
      other family members. Get to know each other.
      Welcome to the family of God!

      God, what does it mean to be in your family?
      Show us how to live in your will. Amen.

      Please visit our blog at http://chirhopress.blogspot.com