Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 1, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2008
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 1, 2008

      Spiritual diseases

      "When he came down from the mountain, great crowds
      followed him; and behold, a leper came to him and
      knelt before him, saying, 'Lord, if you will, you
      can make me clean.' And Jesus stretched out his
      hand and touched the leper, saying, 'I will; be
      clean.' And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
      And Jesus said to him, 'See that you say nothing
      to any one; but go, show yourself to the priest,
      and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a
      proof to the people.'"
      Matthew 8:1-4

      Jesus is extremely willing to help us become clean,
      to heal us from spiritual disease. He is the
      compassionate healer who is available to all who
      suffer spiritual, physical, psychological, mental,
      and emotional illnesses. There is no need to be
      embarrassed or fear being shunned by this
      compassionate teacher.

      Today's verses hold meaning for all people who
      seek spiritual health. Our healthy and unhealthy
      bodies and feelings can either help or hinder our
      prayers. It is helpful, even empowering, to
      remember that Jesus is extremely approachable
      by those perceived as outcasts and unclean in
      their society. He continually brings people
      back into community and out of isolation.

      God, where do I feel unclean? Where am I out
      of community? With the help of Jesus Christ,
      bring me into wholeness and fellowship. Amen.

      Please visit our blog at http://chirhopress.blogspot.com