Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 18, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2008
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 18, 2008

      Trusting God

      Jesus said, "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious
      about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall
      drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on.
      Is not life more than food, and the body more than
      clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither
      sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your
      heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more
      value than they? And which of you by being anxious
      can add one cubit to his span of life?"
      Matthew 6:25-27

      Trust God to provide for your needs. God will take
      care of you. Look at the birds, as Jesus suggests.
      God feeds them, yet we are more valuable than they
      are. And will worry add even a minute to our lives?
      Of course not. But I am sometimes a slow learner.
      I fear that perhaps God will forget or overlook my
      needs. Fear is the belief that all will not work
      out.

      Recently my housemate and I put a bird feeder in our
      yard. It took a few days for the birds to find it,
      but now we have a yard full of happy birds. The
      birds bring us great pleasure and I delight in
      watching them. I marvel at their beauty and variety.
      Their presence reminds me daily that God will feed
      them. These birds are valuable to God. And I am
      worth far more than our happy birds. They do not
      seem to worry and they live one day at a time.
      The birds remind me to "keep looking up," as my
      Grandmother would say. God will provide. God
      always does.

      God, this life is a constant classroom and I am
      a slow learner. Teach me again and again. Help
      me trust you, celebrate my worth, and worry less
      often.

      Please visit our blog at http://chirhopress.blogspot.com