Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 30, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2008
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 30, 2008

      God's love and mercy is our blessing

      "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all
      the days of my life"
      Psalm 23:6a

      Psalm 23 is good for our souls. God's love and
      mercy will go with us everywhere in life. We
      will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. In
      reclaiming our place at the Shepherd's banquet
      table, we can live with personal confidence, joy,
      and triumph from beginning to end. God wishes to
      bless each of us with goodness and mercy all the
      days of our lives. This is our blessing.

      I love Psalm 23. It is worth memorizing for times
      of need. Consider rewriting it in your own words
      in a paraphrase. Every sentence is a blessing.
      For today's meditation, read it again and again.
      Try and hear it as if for the first time. Write
      your thoughts and prayers in response to these
      gracious words. Sometimes it is helpful to read
      familiar words in a different translation for
      fresh power and insights:

      "Because the LORD is my Shepherd, I have everything
      I need! He lets me rest in the meadow grass and
      leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me new
      strength. He helps me do what honors him the most.
      Even when walking through the dark valley of death
      I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me,
      guarding, guiding all the way. You provide delicious
      food for me in the presence of my enemies. You have
      welcomed me as your guest; blessings overflow! Your
      goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all
      of my life, and afterwards I will live with you forever
      in your home." (Source of paraphrase unknown.)

      Reading Psalm 23 is better than winning the lottery.
      In this psalm, we find a tender and intimate holy name
      for the sacred and are brought into a state of rest,
      quiet, and stillness. The psalm itself is a great
      confession of faith in the Shepherd of our souls.
      Our souls are restored without any frantic activity
      being required of us.

      This great confession of faith encourages us to let
      love guide our lives. These beloved words help us
      journey with courage through the valley of shadows
      and of death, but without fear. In today's unsettling
      and scary world, our growing faith can comfort and
      equip us for whatever lies ahead. The twenty-third
      psalm is a reminder that through it all, God is enough.
      God is with us. God is closer than our breathing. We
      can trust the Shepherd.

      God, may your goodness and mercy be ours all the days
      of our lives. Amen.

      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevLivingAsTh
      eBeloved.htm

      Please visit our blog at http://chirhopress.blogspot.com