Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of December 23, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2007
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of December 23, 2007

      **********

      The 2008 Liturgical Calendar and Lectionary is
      now available. Read about it and order it at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevLiturgicalCa07_08.html

      is a meditation from 'The Road to Emmaus,' a book of
      of faith. These meditations start with a Gospel reading
      and a meditation based on it written this week by R. Adam
      DeBaugh.

      Please read Luke 2:1-14

      Patrick was young and very little. He sat with wonder in
      his eyes as he listened to the Christmas story in the
      second chapter of Luke. Great peace and joy seemed to
      come over his little spirit as he listened and all
      tension left him. When I finished reading, I asked,
      'How did you like that story?'

      'It's the best!' Patrick was emphatic, yet calm and at
      peace. The story had made such an impact that I had to
      ask, 'What's so good about the story for you?'

      'Be not afraid,' Patrick answered. 'That's the best
      part. We were afraid and the angel said, 'Be not
      afraid.' We don't have to be afraid ever again.'

      I asked Patrick what kinds of things he might be afraid
      of as this year draws to a close. He said, 'Getting
      sick, being alone in the dark, not having friends, not
      doing good in school, stuff like that.'

      In his simple, innocent, unsophisticated way, little
      Patrick hit the nail on the head! The meaning of Jesus'
      humble birth in a rude stable in an obscure corner of
      the Roman Empire is 'Be not afraid.'

      No matter what our fears, today's Gospel message echoes
      down the centuries to speak to us, 'Be not afraid.'
      Like little Patrick, we are comforted with the knowledge
      that Christ has come to bring 'peace among those with
      whom God is pleased.'

      Blessed Saviour, thank you for coming to us with your
      divine message of grace and peace. Thank you for having
      your angels comfort and assure us, saying, 'Be not
      afraid.' Amen.

      Amen. And we at Chi Rho Press wish you all a very happy
      Christmas, filled with peace, love, and joy.

      plus shipping and handling. Read about this anthology and
      order it at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevRoadToEmmaus.html

      Please visit our blog at http://chirhopress.blogspot.com