Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 13, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2007
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 13, 2007

      **********

      Please see our new Sterling Silver pendants at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/silver_jewelry.html

      Reality prayers

      Jesus taught, "For if you forgive others their
      trespasses, your heavenly Parent will also forgive
      you; but if you do not forgive others, neither will
      your Parent forgive your trespasses."
      Matthew 6:14-15

      The word "trespasses" refers directly to ethical
      transgressions. It is translated from a different
      Greek word used for debts.

      Forgiveness remains central in Jesus' teachings.
      If we want God to forgive our ethical and moral
      failings, then we must forgive the imperfections
      of others. This is our reality in God. Forgiveness
      begets forgiveness.

      There have been times in my own life when I have
      wanted to cling to my hurt feelings and grudges.
      That does not help my life in God. An unforgiving
      spirit leads to stress, remorse, anger, bitterness,
      and a desire for revenge.

      The bottom line is this, if we want God to forgive
      us, we must forgive others.

      God, help us forgive the ethical and moral failings
      of others. Amen.

      Please visit our blog at http://chirhopress.blogspot.com