Chi Rho Connection, Vol. VII, No. 17

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2006

      Vol. VII, No. 17

      1. 2007 Liturgical Calendar
      2. Christmas Shopping Made Easy

      1. 2007 Liturgical Calendar

      It’s not too late to order your Liturgical Calendar and
      Lectionary, Year C, December 2006 through November 2007,
      compiled by Raye-Anne Dorn and the Rev. Clay Witt.
      $11.95 each, six or more copies, $9.50 each, plus
      shipping and handling.
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevLiturgicalCa06_07.html

      The Liturgical Calendar is spiral bound so it can lie
      flat for easy use, in the popular 8 ½" x 11" format.

      The 2006-2007 Liturgical Calendar will be a helpful
      aid for anyone involved in planning worship, as well
      as a useful resource for all who want to know more
      about the Church year and the rich liturgical life
      of the Church Universal.

      You may now order the 2006-2007 Liturgical Calendar
      and Lectionary on the Chi Rho Press Web site at this
      link:
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/product_details/BookRevLiturgicalCa06_07.html

      The Liturgical Calendar is $11.95 each, six or more
      copies are $9.50 each, plus shipping and handling.

      2. Christmas Shopping Made Easy

      What if we could point you to a store that is open
      24 hours a day, seven days a week; where you can shop
      in your pajamas if you want; where you can buy books,
      stained glass, music, and even stocking stuffers; and
      where shipping within the United States is free for
      orders over $100! Of course, we are talking about
      our own Web site, http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      Books make great gifts! Titles such as Steps to
      Recovery from Bible Abuse, Living as the Beloved,
      Christian with a Twist, The Bible and Homosexuality,
      two different Lenten studies, Come Home!, Called OUT!,
      Positively Gay, My Memory Book, the new 2007 Liturgical
      Calendar and Lectionary, The Road to Emmaus, and
      Together in Love are all available and ready to ship.
      Plus we have audio and video tapes, CDs, five different
      stained glass designs, rainbow key chains and
      bracelets, and more!

      *****

      Our book of daily devotions, "Living as the Beloved:
      One Day at a Time," by the Rev. Dr. Sandra L. Bochonok.
      "Living As The Beloved" has a Scripture reading,
      meditation, and prayer for every day of the year.
      Dr. Bochonok's meditations are poignant, wise, and
      amazingly pastoral. Her many years of ministry as
      a military chaplain and pastor, and now as an Internet
      pastor shine through her every word. Her meditations
      are simple, basic Christian teaching, yet glow with
      power, grace, and beauty. These are devotions that
      will light your days for many years to come.

      $20.95 each, six or more copies for $15.75 each, plus
      shipping and handling.

      *****

      "Christian with a Twist: Reflections on Scripture
      that are a bit more inclusive, a bit more relevant,
      and with a bit of a bite," by William Gaston. These
      reflections are a remarkable collection, borne out
      of the life experience and deep faith of a remarkable
      man. Bill Gaston has been writing these reflections
      weekly, based on the Sunday lectionary readings. They
      have been published in the Sunday bulletin newsletter at
      the Metropolitan Community Church of Washington, D.C.
      for over three years now. As such, they have edified,
      challenged, startled, enlightened, and sometimes annoyed
      the hundreds of people who come through the doors of that
      amazing church. Very often Bill's reflections have caused
      members, friends, and visitors to MCC DC to think more
      deeply, reflect more honestly, and stretch more boldly in
      their faith journey.

      $19.95 each, six or more copies for $14.95 each, plus
      shipping and handling.

      *****

      "Positively Gay" for an LBGT person just coming out,
      and even for someone who has been out for a while!
      This is an important book and the updated new edition,
      in the bright red cover, is an important addition to
      every LGBT library.

      "I wish we had published that!" says Adam DeBaugh. "But
      I am proud to have been a part of Positively Gay since
      the publication of the first edition in 1979. This
      book has been a classic for 25 years, a must read for
      all LGBT people and their allies!"

      "Positively Gay has been widely and consistently praised
      for its practical treatment of the variety of topics
      affecting the lives of gays and lesbians. In this revised,
      third edition, Dr. Betty Berzon has brought together an
      impressive list of contributors from diverse backgrounds,
      disciplines, and approaches to spotlight significant but
      frequently overlooked issues that often take center stage
      in a gay or lesbian person's life." (From the book jacket.)

      Only $14.95, plus shipping and handling (six or more for
      $11.25 each).

      *****

      "Called OUT: The Voices and Gifts of LGBT Presbyterians,"
      compiled by Jane Adams Spahr, Kathryn Poethig, Selisse
      Berry, and Melinda McLain. Wonderful essays from a large
      number of LGBT Presbyterian faithful.

      Second printing, $17.95 each, six or more copies for $15.25
      each, plus shipping and handling.

      *****

      "An Alien in a Foreign Land," by the late Rev. Jimmy Brock.
      Eleven sermons first preached at Joy MCC, Orlando, FL,
      where the Rev. Brock pastored, which are excellent for
      personal or corporate devotions, the basis for Christian
      education classes, Bible studies, discussion groups, a
      guide in private meditation, or for membership classes.

      $9.95 each, six or more copies for $7.50 each, plus
      shipping and handling.

      *****

      A great gift for mom and dad! Chi Rho Press author
      Roberta Kreider is featured in a video produced by
      John Davis. The video, "Family Stories: Journeys of
      Spirit in Mixed Orientation Families," featuring
      Roberta Kreider (compiler of 'From Wounded Hearts')
      and Mary Lou Wallner, with an introduction by the
      Rev. Peter J. Gomes.

      VHS format, color, 35 minutes, $29.95, shipping and
      handling included.

      *****

      "The Bible and Homosexuality," Fifth Edition, by the Rev.
      Michael E. England. (ISBN: 1-888493-13-5) The fifth
      edition of our best selling book! Many thousands of this
      book are in circulation. The Fifth Edition updates this
      excellent study. Now in perfect binding, with color cover.
      Included are chapters on our understanding of "inspiration;"
      critical interpretation; textual, historical, source, and
      form criticism; detailed discussions about scripture
      verses used to condemn homosexuality; the "contra naturam"
      (against nature) argument; heterosexual marriages as the
      "only Biblical model;" adultery and fornication; and a
      bibliography.

      $10.95 each, six or more copies for $8.95 each, plus shipping
      and handling.

      *****

      "Families Re-Membered: Pastoral Support for Friends and
      Families Living with HIV/AIDS," by the Rev. Louis F. Kavar,
      Ph.D. (ISBN: 1-888493-03-8) HIV/AIDS causes families to
      be re-structured, enlarged and changed, or "re-membered."
      This book explores the dynamics of family systems and the
      realities of extended families of choice in the context of
      HIV/AIDS and any terminal illness.

      $10.95 each, six or more copies for $8.25 each, plus shipping
      and handling.

      *****

      "I'm Still Dancing! A Gay Man's Health Experience," by the
      Rev. A. Stephen Pieters. (ISBN: 1-888493-04-6) A powerful
      book by a long-term survivor of AIDS: articles, sermons and
      journal entries chronicle life with AIDS. Sick since 1982
      and diagnosed with AIDS in 1984, Steve's cancers have gone
      into complete remission and he remains well to this day.
      He served for many years as Field Director of the UFMCC's
      AIDS Ministry.

      $8.95 each, six or more copies for $6.75 each, plus shipping
      and handling.

      *****

      Rainbow Key Chains and Rainbow Bracelets make great
      stocking stuffers. Only $2.00 each (plus shipping and
      handling), you may see a picture of these items and order
      them on our Web site at

      *****

      "The Road to Emmaus" an inclusive daily devotional by and
      for LGBT people of faith.

      $9.95 each, six or more copies for $7.50 each, plus shipping
      and handling.

      *****

      "What a Fellowship," by Jean Gralley. The UFMCC's first
      cartoon book by a talented graphic artist. A wonderful,
      light-hearted gift.

      $8.95, six or more for $6.75 each, plus shipping and handling.

      *****

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," by Dr. Rembert
      Truluck. A wonderful set of 52 Bible studies, one for
      every week, divided into Dr. Truluck's famous 13 Steps to
      Recovery from Bible Abuse, plus lots of additional
      material.

      $24.95 each, six or more copies for $18.75 each, plus
      shipping and handling.

      *****

      "Come Home! Reclaiming Spirituality and Community as Gay
      Men and Lesbians," second edition, by Chris Glaser. One
      of the best books from this popular Gay Christian author.
      "I rejoice that in this book all the gay men and lesbian
      women who have been robbed of their spirituality are issued
      an urgent invitation: Come Home!" says Virginia Ramey
      Mollenkott.

      $19.95 each, six or more for $14.95 each, plus shipping and
      handling.

      *****

      Come shop at Chi Rho Press! http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      *****

      We have designed gift certificates that can be made out
      for any amount you care to give.

      These are not available on our Web site, so send your
      check with a note indicating that you are buying a Gift
      Certificate and we will make up an attractive Gift
      Certificate for the amount of your check for you to give
      along with a copy of our catalog.

      Chi Rho Press Gift Certificates make excellent gifts!
      Order some today at Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864,

      Come shop at Chi Rho Press!

      It's just a little over a week until Christmas and
      there is still time for you to order you last minute
      Christmas gifts. Please shop at www.ChiRhoPress.com
      this year.

      *****

      We want to wish everyone a blessed Christmas and the
      very best of New Years. We hope the Nativity of our
      Savior Jesus will be a time of great joy for you all.
      God bless you and Happy Christmas!

      *****

      New Blog! We have started a blog for Chi Rho Press!
      Some people reported that the link did not work in
      the lsat edition of the Chi Rho Connection.

      Please check out our new blog at
      http://chirhopress.blogspot.com

      *****

      Shipping and Handling Tip: When you are ordering
      from the Chi Rho Press Web site, be sure to tell us
      your preferred shipping method. The way the shopping
      cart is set up, the shipping method defaults to United
      Parcel Service. This is NOT the most economical way
      to ship for orders under seven pounds. If you want
      the most inexpensive shipping (within the United
      States) it is usually best to pick USPS (United
      States Postal Service Domestic Parcel Post) for
      packages weighing under seven pounds. UPS (United
      Parcel Service) Ground is more economical for packages
      heavier than seven pounds. The shopping cart will
      tell you how much your order weighs in the box right
      next to your order amount and price. There is a link
      there to change your shipping method as well.

      When I order one copy of the Liturgical Calendar and
      allow the default UPS Ground shipping method, the
      shipping cost is almost as much as the book, $10.11!
      But if I change the shipping method to USPS Parcel
      Post shipping is only $6.28, and it is $6.46 for USPS
      Priority Mail.

      Also do not forget that shipping from Chi Rho Press
      is FREE for orders over $100. Sometimes all you need
      do is add another book or two to get free shipping,
      saving even more money.

      Be smart shoppers and choose your shipping options
      carefully to avoid paying too much!

      *****

      Gracia y paz,

      Brother R. Adam DeBaugh, OSL
      Director, Adam@....

      friends can order using credit cards on our Web page.
      Some of our books are also available through our Canadian
      distributor, MAP Enterprises, Mary Ann Pearson, at her
      Web page, http://www.christiangays.com