Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of November 19, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2006
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of November 19, 2006

      God knows us

      "O Lord, you have searched me and known me."
      Psalm 139:1

      I have often reflected with amazement that God knows
      ME. God knows you. God KNOWS everything about us.
      God knows when we sit or stand. God knows what we
      are going to say even before we know. God actually
      knows us better than we know ourselves. God hears
      our prayers and cares deeply for us. God knows if
      we are closeted or out. God has searched us before
      our birth and has known us before our conception
      and birth.

      Our caring God loves us and invites us into prayers
      with our feelings that at times may be too deep for
      words. We can be assured that God cares. God sees.
      God stops, looks, and listens to our cries. It is
      wonderful to be with God. We can never hide from
      our loving God. Planet earth is too small. We can
      be comforted with the few words in today's meditation.
      God knows and loves us deeply. The God who knows us
      is enough for all our concerns. We can approach this
      knowing, loving God with all our cares. Truly this
      knowledge is too wonderful for words! We often forget
      that we are a gift to God.

      We also frequently forget or find difficult to believe
      that God wants to be known by us. It is a wonderful
      two-way relationship that can be personal and intimate.
      I know many people who believe in God but are afraid.
      Perhaps they have experienced abusive religion or
      religious persons who have told them they are
      unforgivable or abominable sinners. Their fear factor
      is high. It is extremely difficult in my own life to
      deeply love someone who has hurt me.

      People, not God, are the abusers. God will never
      refuse, reject, denigrate, or ridicule us. God wants
      to be known by us. Take courage and leave past and
      damaging stereotypes of God. Take a risk with God
      and begin spending some leisure time together. A
      Jewish prophet revealed the heart of God for us
      through these words, "I don't want your sacrifices,
      I want your love; I don't want your offerings, I
      want you to know me" (Hosea 6:6 TLB).

      Continue to search us, O God. Know us and help us
      know and love you. Lead us in love one day at a
      time. Amen.

      Subscribe to the Chi Rho Connection, our free twice
      Reflection, our weekly meditation, by sending blank