Chi Rho Press eNewsletter, Vol. II, No. 2

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2001
      Chi Rho Press eNewsletter
      Vol. II, No. 2

      �Books are the quietest and most constant of friends . . . and the most
      of teachers.� Charles W. Eliot

      Welcome once again to the Chi Rho Press eNewsletter. Thank you for passing
      this eNewsletter on to others.

      To join our list, send an e-mail message to ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com.

      Direct all other e-mail to Adam@.... See the end of this
      eNewsletter for a complete list of e-mail addresses at ChiRhoPress.com.

      1. January White (Paper) SALE!
      2. Board Member Bio: Raye Ann Dorn
      3. Featured Book: The Bible and Homosexuality
      4. Adam's Last Word

      1. January White (Paper) SALE!

      Just a reminder, we are running a special sale in the month of January 2001.
      We are calling it our January White (Paper) SALE!

      For all paid orders received through snail mail and postmarked in January
      we will pay the shipping and handling.

      We want to make a special gift to readers of this eNewsletter so rather than
      changing the Web page shopping cart, this sale is only for prepaid orders sent
      to us via snail mail.

      You can use our web page as your Chi Rho Press catalog. Just choose as many
      books, handouts, stained glass, or other products as you want from what you
      find on our Web page (http://www.ChiRhoPress.com). If you would prefer a
      printed copy of our catalog, just email us with your mailing address.

      Jot down a list of the items you want in a letter to us. Figure the cost of
      the items, and send a check or money order for that amount. Don't add
      and handling, we will pick up the tab for that!

      Again, this is only for prepaid orders, sent to our mailing address (P.O. Box
      7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898), in the month of January 2001.

      Of course, if you prefer, you may still order on our Web page, using our
      convenient shopping cart and paying with your credit card, but shipping and
      handling will be included in your charges.

      We look forward to hearing from you!

      2. Board Member Bio: Ray Anne Dorn

      We are continuing our series of biographies of people associated with Chi Rho
      Press. The next member of the board of directors to be featured is Ms.
      Raye-Anne Dorn.

      At 56, Raye-Anne Dorn is the newest (though not youngest!) member of the Chi
      Rho Press Board of Directors.

      Raye-Anne entered seminary at 15 and was eventually ordained a Roman Catholic
      priest. After many years of dealing with gender issues that did not resolve
      themselves through poverty, obedience, and celibacy, she left the church and
      came to the US from her home in Spain.

      She jokingly says that she immediately fell into the media hype trap and
      the Air Force to "see the world." Six years later she underwent gender
      reassignment and married a man she met while in the service.

      Raye-Anne and her husband Larry have lived in Memphis, Asheville (NC), and
      Atlanta where she's been active with the Metropolitan Community Churches.
      were relocated to the Washington DC area in 1995 when she accepted a position
      with the Department of Veterans Affairs, where she still works.

      As our first transgendered board member, Raye-Anne brings a unique and
      perspective to the Board of Directors of Chi Rho Press. She is an active
      member of Holy Redeemer MCC in College Park, Maryland.

      3. Featured Book: The Bible and Homosexuality

      Our first featured book of the new millennium takes us back to the basics.
      too many lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered people of faith, the Bible
      has been used as a club to batter and beat them down.

      Only six lonely little verses that have been used against LGBT people.
      the paucity of unequivocal condemnation in the Hebrew and Christian
      religious folk use those six verses to justify a world of hurt for LGBT
      their families, and supporters. These "clobber passages" are over-used and

      So for much of the LGBT community, "going back to the basics" of their
      oppression is going back to the Bible. The Rev. Michael England has written
      what we think is the best primer on "The Bible and Homosexuality." We are
      proud to have published this slim, but important volume, which has been our
      best seller for 10 years. In 1998 we published the fifth edition of Michael's
      important work.

      "The Bible and Homosexuality" is $10.95 each, $8.95 each for six or more
      copies, plus shipping and handling. You may order from our Web page at

      4. Adam's Last Word.

      I have just a brief word for this issue. I have been praying for all of our
      readers and supporters that 2001 is getting off to a good start and this New
      Year will be filled with every good thing for all of you.

      I ask for your prayers and support for the ministry of Chi Rho Press as well!

      This will be an exciting and challenging time for us. We hope you continue to
      purchase our books and other products, explore our Web site, and respond to
      this eNewsletter. We are always glad to hear from you!

      Finally, a word from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., whose birthday we celebrate
      today (thanks to Dotti Berry for sending this along!):

      "Hatred and bitterness can never cure the disease of fear; only love can do
      that. Hatred paralyzes life, love releases it. Hatred confuses life. Love
      harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates."

      We are glad you are partners in ministry with us here at Chi Rho Press. We
      eager for your comments, your suggestions, your assistance with selling our
      books, and your own purchases! And of course, we covet your prayers for this

      If you've received our eNewsletter as a result of the good offices of someone
      passing it along to you (which we certainly encourage) and would like to
      receive it directly from us, please follow the directions at the end of our
      eNewsletter to subscribe.

      To order, please visit http://www.ChiRhoPress.com. You may pay by credit card
      on our web page or we will ship your order after receiving your check or money
      order. Include your e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number

      If you have questions, please write to Question@.... For comments
      and suggestions about this eNewsletter, please write eNews@....
      For all other correspondence, please write Adam@....

      Our Canadian friends can order using credit cards on our web page or through
      our Canadian distributor, MAP Enterprises, Mary Ann Pearson, Box 340, 54
      St., Odessa, ONT, Canada, K0H 2H0; e-mail: mapenterprises@...; phone or
      fax: 1-613-386-5711; or toll free (leave a message) 1-877-245-9569.

      Copyright 2001, Chi Rho Press, Inc.

      SUBSCRIBE: ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com

      Kevin Stone Fries, Editor/Office Manager, Kevin@....

      Grace and peace,

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Chi Rho Press
      Subscribe to our free Chi Rho Press eNewsletter

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Website. You can order using our convenient shopping
      cart and pay on line using your credit card!

      Gaithersburg, MD 20898, USA

      301/926-1208 (phone/fax)